Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right lower quadrant pain -
dx

I initially thought the answer was ectopic pregnancy. But taking into account her PMH that she had irregular menses, and the lack of menstruation over the last three months, and that the uterus is normal in size and shape, my thoughts are also toward hormone producing ovarian tu which underwent torsion. I gree with aditi the answer is B.
TAC

Guys... the question mentions "dark brown discharge ", "complex mass on the right measuring 5 cm in length, and a small amount of fluid in the cul-de-sac"..... This is so compatible with ectopic pregnancy (abortion) isnt it??
I dont think an anexal torsion would cause a dark brown discharge would it? I didnt study ob/gyn for step 2 yest but this is what I remember from school anyways.

:o)

TAC
aditi

hey TAC,do you think ectopic pregnancy can run for 3 months!I also haven't read obs gynae so far so i was wondering if it does?!!
TAC

Yes aditi it can. It is not common, but depending on were the gestational sac is, the pregnancy can even come to term.
But of course it is not common at all. It is the exception not the rule. :o)

TAC
aditi

would u expect the uterus to be normal size if the ectopic pregnancy is 3 months with all the hormones secreted by ectopic placenta?
TAC

Come on aditi take it easy on the poor TAC here! LOL I didnt start studying O/G yet... I will probably know better when I read about it. LOL But the clinical picture does look like an abortion to me, probably from ectopic pregnancy.

:oP LOL

TAC
aditi

LOL..Dear TAC,even i don't know the correct answer..was just raising few queries since u sounded so confident of being ectopic...Relax buddy don't worry..I also don't know obs gynae any better than you !!
TAC

Aditi... Did you ever hear a motto that says "It doesnt matter who you are, but what people THINK you are?" hahaahaha So, if you are to be wrong, at least be wrong with class!!!! hahahaaha I may sound confident but whenever it comes to a non-IM subject, I am not confident at all! :o)

but, again... I still think this woman is aborting an ectopic pregnancy!!!! :oP

LOL

TAC
aditi

By the way what do you mean by"aborting an ectopic pregnancy"??
TAC

well she is having a brown discharge, lots of pain.. She probably was carrying an ectopic pregnancy in her right tube and now she is probably aborting it..

TAC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »