Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right lower quadrant pain -
aditi

Sorry I didn't get it..U mean a 3 month old ectopic pregnancy being aborted via uterus??
It might seem that i am pulling your leg but its a genuine query!
TAC

Aditi.. There is fluid in the cul de sac, and brown discharge i=oming from the uterus. If she had a tube pregnancy and it ruptured, both findings are compatible.... Some blood went to the peritoneal cavity (hence fluid in the cul de sac), and some of the fetal parts "spilled" in the uterus and now are coming out of the cervix.
Maybe I am just tripping here. LOL But it makes sense to my poor old brain. hehehehe

TAC
aditi

TAC! but the uterus on pelvic ultrasound is empty and the cervical os is closed!!

Now its getting so much fun arguing with you!! Hope you are not taking it otherwise.
bill

Poor TAC, though old, it's functioning... his brain!!!

So, wot say a hemorrhagic cyst caught itself in the torsion, spillin some of its contents into the cul-de-sac? Some chicken soup for IM brains...
TAC

Hey aditi. :o) No, dont u worry I am not taking it otherise. :o) The good thing about a forum is that we learn from other people´s point of view. :o)

And u do have a good point about a closed cervical os. But lets think....

Which one of those things could cause a complex 5cm adnexal mass and brown discharge:

A. Acute appendicitis --> NO
B. Adnexal torsion --> Never heard of torsion causing discharge...
C. Ectopic pregnancy. --> Yes, if it was being aborted, like I explained before.
D. Tubo-ovarian abscess --> Now that I am thinking of it, this one is pretty reasonable. She could be heaving the brownish discharge because of PID, and the mass seen is an abscess. This is a gd choice.
E. Ureteral calculus --> Not a chance! LOL

So I am stuck between C and D. But she has no fever, there is nothing about pain to cervical mobilization in the question stem, and she has a history of irregular menses, and last period 3 months ago. I am sticking with C! :o)

this is fun! LOL

TAC
TAC

Dear bill... I am a GIRL! So it´s "her" brain please. :o)

What is the right answer anyways? :o)
TAC
aditi

I think we have argued enough!! Smile i will stick with B and you stick with C..And lets leave the rest to Bill !
bill

After adnexal torsion, if an ovary gets inflamed (oophoritis), can't that produce cervical discharge? Wink
TAC

Bill, not a ark brown one I dont think! And would a torsion produce a "complex mass" on the US?

Call me stubborn but I am sticking with C! LOL

TAC
bill

Oops! Pardon my insensitivity TAC! And to call your brain old, a raw nerve entangles bill's thread Sad((o

And the winner is... "her brains!!!" (does that compensate?)

TAC was right all the time, so also the others who opted for C, ectopic pregnancy!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »