Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat
hi buffycoat,
than q for ur replies.i passed my exam.u r doin great help to the forum

Guys, I am being little lazy here, not to type much.....just enjoying the function of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V :-)

Please check the advice after your each questions..

niceday

Hi Buffycoat,
I'm still nervous about my exam. I did it some 10 days ago.
Let me tell my mistakes.
1st case is fatigue- i was too tensed and had to rush during the physical examination and when i started giving closure, time is out and i told her i ve got emergency call and came out.--->>>> Its Ok in fatigue case...no need to curse yourself...As long as you have uttered words of courtesy,empathy and few words on counseling.

2nd case- another fatigue, this time i rushed the Q and came out in 13 min even..---->>>> If the rush donot show on your face and if you have not omitted something really relevant---I can give u a pass mark hereSmile if you have described the real scenario.

3rd case- i forgot to pull the footrest and i started inspec and then found her legs down and so i said sorry and imme put the footrest. After that i made her sit down with the footrest on and didnot know that i need to push that in. It was out till i came out of the exam----->>>> this one is +/- to tell you frankly....sorry in the first event showed some concern but the second event here is a little disgusting to hear from someone professional....its ok exam is like that.....I can give you a margin of 45 in this lets hope SP was thoughtful enough to give you 50/100.

Next is pain in shoulder- i forget to ask RAA in LIQORAA. He told me he has exam in 2 days.I showed empathy but didnt ask him how can i help you in this?---->>>> 3 points not gained in the checklist for sure from RAA.....showing empathy in what words..that will matter....should have told-- if you want I can write a letter to your principal stating your ill health so that you can get a sick leave..or will give you a pain medication to deal with the pain ... Anyway lets hope for the best

Next is dry cough- i failed to inspect the mouth. And in the end the pt told me its sharp pain in the middle of chest--->>>> failing to inspect mouth 1 tick lost in the checklist..other than that not too imp....any questions asked on chest pain? even if not told you can make that in the patient note and make it sound as if it is a pleural effusion case/ dry cough at night with chest pain likely to be GERD...here expect 55 out of 100.

Next is calf pain- i didnt tell her to stop taking HRT. She told back pain also. I didnt tell any thing about it in the closure---->>>> should have told to stop taking HRT...Back pain might be the associated finsing..some questions regarding that would have given you a good marks...here also hope you did well.

Next enuresis case- i dint ask for any stress recently. as its a clear cut secondary enuresis--->>>> not much of an importance if case is genuinely about enuresis

Next is heelpain- i asked him travel history 2 times-->>> doesnot matter....can tell I am sorry I was just checking...you may not be penalized for that

For chest pain- he told some drugs in trade name- i didnt understand them.--->>>>if you donot understand always ask him to spell the name for you.

For the first two case- i didnt use soap. For others i used but i did not get any froth. I washed hurrily...------>>>>didnt use soap might matter but no froth doesnot matter as far as I think....as long as you have washed you can be safe in the checklist ranking.

I think i spoke very fast in the end when time is almost over.-->>>> doesnot matter, or else you wont finish on time.

Otherwise i'm satisfied with my PN. Wrote it as per the order in FA.--->>>good

Plz Buffycoat- tell me in what position i'm.. Am i worth to get pass? I often get nightmares. Could not concentrate ion Step2. I know i did atleast 1 mistake in everycase, but plz tell me whether i can pass?Expecting your reply.------->>>>>>>Some mistakes are permissible unless they are blunders...I can not see any gross blunders here....so hunch in me says you should pass if all the other CIS and SEP portion goes good.

d0ct0r99 - 06/20/08 20:33

what should we concentrate more on 4days before the exam?--->>>> Patient notes and know the common D/ D of certain conditions by heart......also counseling dialogues and finally PAMHUGSFOSS try to finish it in ~ 4 minutes.............All the best

doc85 - 06/20/08 21:16

hello

can u please tell me what examination do we need to do for a hip pain case.---->>> Particularly the hip of that side after comparing with the normal (most imp) side..Inspection---ROM+pulse+sensation----Reflexes ----Gait......If you can then finally have a look at the back and spine....General exam is pallor, icterus,Heart n lung sounds in brief (if time remains)

idle - 06/21/08 01:29

hi buffycoat,
than q for ur replies.i passed my exam.u r doin great help to the forum--->>>>congrats!!!! you deserve to pass.

hi buffycoat,
Are they posting new dates in late june and july before closure of prometric centre ?
can u plz tell me few Q to ask the parents about their baby being fussy?
and 1more Q plz ..Q to ask about pickey eater and epistaxis?..thank u
Thank you so much Buffycoat. I will pray God to get me pass. Its too expensive exam and i should pass this. I cant think of anything otherthan that. Let me hope for the Best.
A challenging Q in exam recently in philli:from a 70 yr old with multiple sexual partners says i cannot make my girlfriends pregnant if i use the condom .
How do you ans this Q
hi buffycoat!
CNS examination along with the MMSE is taking around 6 min.there is no time for chest auscultation.cud u pls advice.
hi buffycoat can u plz ans to my Q?
manni :

can u plz tell me few Q to ask the parents about their baby being fussy?--->>>>

Ask about the eating and drinking habits...bowel and urinary habits....fever history... if c/o any abd pain or grip the abdomen at times(colic)......sweating (for CCF) ... cries when he eats ( For teething)...

Picky eater:
What food does he prefer? At what time he is fed...main chunk of the food is ??......picks something else apart from food/edible stuffs? .... any history of worm infestations? .....Does he eat even when he is not hungry?....any episodes of eating anything served???....why do you think he preferred or was happy with that food?

Counsel about the maintaining food habits..

Epixtasis: How did it happen? ...trauma/foreign body/allergy.......any clots associated...intermittent/ continuous so as to need nasal packs.......how much u bled.....any hypotensive signs...dizziness/feel like passing out//lightheaded.....any h/o HTN, bleeding disorders,any recent ENT infections

Similar questions..there are not any specific ones ...you need to rule out the emergent ones

niceday: Good luck 4 the results.

rahe - 06/21/08 10:19

A challenging Q in exam recently in philli:from a 70 yr old with multiple sexual partners says i cannot make my girlfriends pregnant if i use the condom .
How do you ans this Q ------->>>>>>>Why do you say so? Why do you want to make every girlfriend pregnant?Confront him and Know the motive of his.....He might not know about the STD/ HIV he can contract with his girlfriends.If he gets angry...tell him I am sorry to alarm you but I am here to help you and detail information from you will only make me easier and you to benefit with my advice and treatment......Would you still like to tell about that?

Then start by telling' Multiple sexual partners and unprotected sexual intercourse puts you at risk of transmitting STD/ HIV .....sometimes bothersome pain and genital discharge.Do you want to face that problem? certainly not right!! '

hibiscus - 06/21/08 17:03

hi buffycoat!
CNS examination along with the MMSE is taking around 6 min.there is no time for chest auscultation.cud u pls advice.----->>>>>CS passing needs trick too.
CN ii-Xii can be finished in ~one and half minute, Check the reflexes of lower limbs only and then the plantar.. test the sensation of the lower limbs only --donot go and look for cotton toothpick better go for your own finger touch..MMSE--you need not ask all the q ....orientation is important..3 steps command can be 'take this pen,put it in your right hand then the left and give it to me ' I will tell you 3 pbjects..tell me all 3 names now and a little later ok: pen, paper n pencil....give easy words like this.....this would take care of MMSE....try one time again and see ..I think you can finish it earlier...Donot forget to say I want to see you while you walk (for gait)

This is a desperate case so you may think I am guiding in an incorrect way...but you will do exactly the same when it comes to you in exam...I bet coz all you need is finish all in time and pass

Try it !!!!!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »