Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one of the following is most likely t???? - stefan78
Which one of the following is most likely to be a factor in the pathogenesis of gastric ulcer?

1 Excess gastric acid
2 Increased serum gastrin
3 An increased number of parietal cells
4 Reflux of duodenal contents into the stomach
5 Impaired gastric emptying

1 Excess gastric acid
hey DH that aint right ans!!
I know the given ans is 444...but i think correct answer is 111..if u say 444...u need to show me some evidence for it...i can show u evidence for 11111
The normal stomach maintains a balance between protective factors, such as mucus and bicarbonate secretion, and aggressive factors, such as acid secretion and pepsin. Gastric ulcers develop when aggressive factors overcome protective mechanisms.

The two major etiological factors for PUD are Helicobacter pylori infection and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) consumption. Currently, 70% of all gastric ulcers occurring in the United States can be attributed to H pylori infection. In addition to an increase in acid secretion, H pylori infection also predisposes patients to ulcer disease by disrupting mucosal integrity. The bacterium's spiral shape and flagella facilitate its penetration into the mucous layer and its attachment to the epithelial layer. Subsequently, it releases phospholipase and proteases, which cause further mucosal damage. A cytotoxin-associated gene (cag A) has been isolated in approximately 65% of the bacteria. The products of this gene are associated with more severe gastritis, gastric ulcer, gastric cancer, and lymphoma.

in USA
most common cause;Hpylori

most common factor for pathogenesis is
1.NSAIDS
2.Reflux..

DH,this is wat i understand..pl correct me
docnar....can u show me where it says reflux of duodenal contents as the pathogenesis for gastric ulcer
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »