Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it possible - maylilly
Hey guys,
I am new to the forum. Is it possible to get residency with 4 attempts in step1 and passed with 85 on 5th time. and step 2 cs and ck pass first attempts. ..step2 score was 87. I am looking for research work to improve my cv. Can you please guide me. Thank you for all you help. Wish you all success.
Possible, but you will have a hard time. I think USCE, LOR and connection will help you more than research.
Thanx a lot for replying. I have good LOR from my rotations...I have done all my rotations in states....does that help?
Since you did all your rotations in states, you should be matched. Just try to get more USCE , LOR, and connections in the field you are going to apply. Research is not so helpful.
oh ok...thanx a lot...this helps me tremendously. Wish you lots of success.
also, you need to make sure you only apply to programs that do not have cutoff on attempts, so that you have money to apply to more programs. Might also want to get experts to work on your CV and personal statments to make your strength (USCE) stand out. Also think well about how to explain your attemps in the interviews.
did you study in carribean med schools?
No, but I saw many in the interviews of university programs. I don't think graduates from carribean med schools will have any problem in match. The only problem is what program and what speciaty you will be matched.
Aren't graduates from the carribean med schools considered as IMG's too? Or are they afforded special treatment? Just a thought.....
I am not sure how they treat carribeans, but they're not IMG's since everything is managed in US...their office, fifth semester and rotations all are in states...so, I guess that's a plus points...

I went to ROSS UNIVERSITY, linny.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »