Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Step 2CS and I need advice. - drvln
Hi,
I just took Step 2 CS in Houston this past December and I failed. According to the score report, I failed the Communication and Interpersonal skills portion, but I passed the Integrated Clinical Encounter and Spoken English Proficiency. I sent a score recheck to ECFMG in January and I received a letter from them saying that the score was accurate. How do I prepare for CS this time around? If communication and interpersonal skills is my weakest, how do I improve on that aspect? Would I be able to make it for the 2009 match?
i recomend you to download kaplan csa audio, this help a lot in cis and read the usmle step 2 cs cd learn what is the cis
understanding exactly what cis means, and what is required of you in that aspect is a KEY STEP. Most fmgs that fail cis do so not because it is very difficult, but because they lack the understanding of what it is and what it entails. I had a similar experience to yours, although, I didn't bother to recheck my score. When I now read indepth what cis is, I WAS CONVINCED THAT THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD HAVE PASSED IT IN THAT EXAM. I corrected my mistakes and was able to surmount it the second time, by God's grace of course. I used uw and first aid, but found first aid to be particularly very helpful in the cis component. other materials may also be helpful. Also put the following into consideration while you prepare: IF YOU INVEST EVERY TIME YOU HAVE DURING THE ENCOUNTER TRYING TO TAKE A PERFECT HX AND CARRY OUT A THOROUGH PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, YOU MOST PROBABLY WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CIS. That was another lesson I learnt the hard way. I bet my performance in the ice component the second time must have been very much poorer than it was the first time, but I passed, and that is the most important thing. AS has been said many times, practice, practice, practice,and practice more; in a timed mode.
Good luck
keep improving and u wl pass
best place to practice is your bed when u are lying in bed
how to download Kaplan audio can anybody send me at perhnewaley
Thanks in advance
did you close all the cases.i could not in atleast 4 cases and very much worried.is closing a part of communication skills?
hey perhnewaley check your e mail
thank you
can some send me plz the kaplan audio thanks
fsd fsdpmc
I would like to download the Kaplan audio as well. My email is nfogata

Thank You
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »