Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sp asking for pain med at the end??URGENT - dream4mle
pain anywhere...abdomen,head,joint,chest....

at the end of the session sp asks....
the pain is really hurting me doc..please relieve my pain.give me some pain med..

what do we answer?...in the test can we in any case say that i will ask my nurse to give u something for the pain. at the end..this is given at few places but i have doubts bout it!!!

IS IT OK TO SAY i need to carry out a few tests and once i know the cause of ur pain i will give u the approprite t/t...so till the tests are back will the patient stay in pain??? sounds wierd!!

i am confused over this Sad

help
Getting the pain relief is the patient's right. U can't leave the patient in pain once u r done with HPI and PE because now it's not going to effect the PE and pain meds does not effect the imaging tech and blood test.
so we tell the sp that I will ask my nurse to give u some med for your pain...is that right?
As soon as I complete my examination and gather the necessary information I will do my best to relieve you from your pain.

just show your empathy and care. if repeats the same again tell her that you are going to order some pain killers to be given after the physc examination.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »