Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 and UNMATCHED - thereishope09
I know step3 would help in application, but is there any one here unmatched with step 3 score? And can you please share your score of step 3 as well? thank you.
the match is ABOVE STEP 3

gone are the days when step 3 was a big plus

these days everyone i know have passed step 3
step 3 is not going to help a whole lot. My program didn't care about step 3 at all. I was the only one who passed after the match, but before the starting of PGY1. Passing step 3 helps a whole lot to relieve your first year stress. You will be less stressful and enjoy your residency more.
dude i know 7 of my friends who did not match at all after step 3 scores in the 80s. They averaged around 10-16 iv this yr but did not match. i did not match too. so will now prepare for step 3. this match has been the worse so far.
I had step 3: 84!
Did not match as well!
The long list of interviews is unnecessary. You need to negotiate your selection, far before the match and out of the match! The match is just farse!
i also know 2 persons having score in 80s and not matched....i think depends on program.
three of my friend had step 3..no one matched..2 of them them did,nt even received interviw calls...
I did not match even I passed step 3 with high score
passing step3 is not a big deal.
all PDs know that if u get 99/99 (very common nowadays among IMG), u will pass step3 without much difficulties. getting matched requires shinny CV, no gaps, no question marks about your past performance in medical school, or residency at home, beside your scores...
given that many applicants have good CVs , connections may play a rule to sort out whom to take among the best applicants each program have.
some may say connections is the most determinant factor, I will say this is incorrect..at least in my program two relatives for residents who have done observership here, and interviewed for positions, went unmatched...as other applicanst had better CVs.
The connection have the major rol in the match............then how can u tell about the people who graduated in 1985 and get matched this year.......
one of my freinds intreveiwed with 11 programs last year and did not match...
this year he only got to iv s and matched because his freind is a second year resident talked to the PD...........
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »