Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocala - jungle001
Just a quick survey. How many on this forum got an invite from Ocala and it is their only interview invite this season. The reason why I ask is because I want to know how competivive their match is going to be.
me
Not sure if you are done with your IV already but focus on the IV as you have the same shot as everyone else who is being IVed there.

I don't want to discourage you but if you insist to know then Ocala program has sent out the highest number of invites of all programs as far as I can tell based on the forum posts. My guess is that they invited candidates at 1 : 25 ratio or more. Check the Ocala posts on this forum and ask the already IVed candidates about how many interviewees were there on their day of interview so that you get a better picture. Good luck!
My guess was close - check this post below. It seems they are at 1 : 27 ratio!!!

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=796002
it will definitely be competitive because they are interviewing A LOT of people (around 270) for just 10 positions. and most are carib grads. that doesnt mean you cant match there though. all it takes is 1 interview if you can impress them enough. but always hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
They interviewed 10 the day I was there
My question is if they have contacted anyone post interview? Wanting to know whether or not they have shown any interest to anyone after interviewing them.
I hope you all realize they invited a massive number of applicants, because they are scared they are probably going to go unfilled since its a brand new program with no university affiliation at the current time. It is not because the program is competitive and hard to get in. Most who interview there will honestly not rank them high. They are trying to make sure there program gets filled by interviewing massive amounts of applicants. Dont over think this guys
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »