Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warfarin dilema???????????? - mirt
all Triple right I don't have to prove my point ..............and above all I may be wrong but lets see what others have to say..........by the way your discussion is perfect and flawless
lol, mirt !
what i posted is from MKSAP, and thats why when i saw ur Q, i intentionally avoided the choice "gastritis" because i read this fact in mksap...but when answer came, you said, it is gastritis...now, if i see this kind of Q, what should i do in real test, that is my question...not anything to win or lose here because here we come to learn...
I need to learn which is actually correct, i am so confused !! lol
by the way guys the correct answer is AAAAAAAAAAAA......Yes sounds harsh to allow poor fetus to taste warfarin but this is true...this is the only option if women with Prosthetic valves gets pregnant
I think this is a very controversial issue and not enough data exists on this http://content.onlinejacc.org/cgi/conten.../33/6/1637
I am not too sure if step 3 would include such a controversial question.
stualis,
this confusion is because mirt did not post the whole explanation.
I chose the answer A because I knew the explanation.

The point here is, patient was on warfarin, and it is already 14 weeks that the patient is pregnant...so, if there is any hrrmful effect of warfarin on fetus, that has already been done (because the period of embryogeneisis ha spassed in presence of warfarin), so now there is no need to change from warfarin to heparin.

but if the pt came to doc for consultation BEFORE she became pregnant, then you can switch to heparin from warfarin. I hope it explains and will satisfy your concern. lol !!
Thanks TH .....it sure does becoz MKSAP highly recommends Low molecular weight heparin in most pregnant women!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »