Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warfarin dilema???????????? - mirt
The ans for TH--------> B.
now, anthony or anybody else, can u explain why not C for my Q ?
gastritis usally assoc with fever

peptic ulcer dis improves with meals/antacids

ok Triple my guess would be BBB.............this is a case of malignancy secondary to gastric ulcer or vice versa
give me the correct answer and if you dont mind details as well
correct answer is B

This patient most likely has peptic ulcer disease. Although œclassic ulcer pain occurs in less than 30% of patients with a documented ulcer, the location and pattern of his pain as well as the improvement of symptoms with meals and antacids are highly suggestive of a peptic ulcer, specifically one located in the duodenum. Weight loss, nausea, and mild anemia are also consistent with this diagnosis. A formal structural study of the gastrointestinal tract, such as upper endoscopy, is essential to confirm the clinical suspicion of an ulcer. This is especially true if an ulcer-related complication may be present, as in this patient with anemia and weight loss. It is important to remember that symptoms have a low sensitivity for predicting the presence of an ulcer.

Gastroesophageal reflux disease is unlikely because of the absence of heartburn. Gastritis is a histologic term and not a clinical diagnosis. The patient's relatively advanced age, weight loss, and mild anemia are not consistent with a diagnosis of nonulcer dyspepsia.

Although not listed in the options, cancer is also a consideration in this patient, and suitable evaluation is required.

Now in that explanation, please see why we can not say gastritis as a diagnosis.....and if so, then how is your GI-1 q's answer was C ? I could not explan to myself...can you please give me any further info on that, bro ?
hey triple look at the presentation of my gastritis case and your case...........your case is speaking loud and clear that I have a malignancy in my case the P/E is totally normal........GU or DU can give anemia and other findings not simple gastritis............
Gastritis usually ---------> pain increases with food
PU ( mainly DU ) --------> pain decreases with food, usually, also +ve h/o ibuprofen intake
Also ibuprofen can cause both loss of appetite as well as weight gain as a side effect,
i don't know if i am right, but this would have being my guess/answer,
i am sorry i mean DU or Malignancy in that region
mirt, please read the explanation first that i posted above...
then we can discuss our point.
It says tha gastritis is histological diagnosis, not clinical diagnosis ! I dont know what to do about it..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »