Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help! exam in 4 days - homer1
could anyone please go over the exam structure, please? how many blocks on day 1 and how much break time? and day 2 - is it harder to manage your time?
THANKS FOR YOU HELP!!
do we have 7 blocks in the 1st day and 4 in the second? 50 min break time total?
Please, anyone??
first day blocks are one hour each and second day block is 45 minutes each followed by nine CCS cases.

Best of luck for your exam.
thank you, mojave. GL to you too!
good luck, don't feel bad if the first day was tough, it usually is. It's better to know now than be surprized and stress during the exam. The second day goes so much smoother... it's a known fact. The second day, you only have 5 blocks of 35 mcqs then 9 cases of ccs.
let us know how it goes.
g.luck
thanks, sirsteve! I'll post my experience when I'm done with it, next week
So 7 blocks on day1 and 5 blocks on day 2. Any more corrections?

How is break time managed.. sirsteve..?
i'm confused...an earlier post said that there are 4 MCQ blocks in the second day. Can someone please clarify? Thanks!
Hi guys!
So 7 blocks of 48 questions per block the first day. 1 hour per block.
Same training tutorial of 15 min that could be added to break time if you fly through it or if you find a way to skip it (I donno how to skip so I just flew through it)
45 min of true break time plus whatever you can add. If I remember correctly (I may be off) it's 4 blocks of outpatient 3 blocks of inpatient/ed

Second day
5 blocks of 36 questions with 45min per block 3 outpatient 2 inpatient/ed
second day you have only 5 min of "tutorial" to adjust monitor only and 40 min of real break time plus whatever you can add
This is followed by 9 CCS cases (27 min per case)
You have to be careful with time management on second day as you are tighter and more tired. You can take breaks (and I recommend to do so) in-between the CCS (I used to do 2 to 3 cases and take a 5 min break)

GL and relax!
Best
BDJ
Hi,
there's only 45 minutes of break time the second day? I thought it was 1 hr. total. are you allowed to skip the tutorial on the 2nd day?

After you finish the 4 blocks of MCQ's on the 2nd day, does it automatically go to CCS or do you have to get the proctor to help you?

thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »