Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to pepsi00 - paprica
mmmm, got it right, wats concussion
concussion-hit on mobile head,maybe like a football player running
am i right, i can be wrong too lol
thts cool. and one more thing about neuroblastoma .the most comon site is adrenal medulla , im i right??
and remember all blastomas including neuro,retinoblastomas are SMALL ROUND BLUE CELL tumours. based on their histological apearance
yes ur right

then what is WILMS TUMOR Smile
wilms tumour again common tumour in childrens which invloves kidney . there is a syndrome associated right, i forgt. n there is mutation of N- myc and if there is ampliction of N myc then prog is poor. and there are lot of prognostic factors fr it. i jus remember this one . and wat about the histology ???
i forgot

a triphasic nephroblastoma comprises three elements:

blastema
mesenchyme
epithelium
Wilms' tumor is a malignant tumor containing metanephric "blastema, stromal and epithelial derivatives." Characteristic is the presence of abortive tubules and glomeruli surrounded by a "spindled cell stroma." The stroma may include striated muscle, cartilage, bone, fat tissue, fibrous tissue. The tumor is compressing the normal kidney parenchyma. Pathology images

The mesenchymal component may include cells showing rhabdomyoid differentiation. The rhabdomyoid component may itself show features of malignancy (rhabdomyosarcomatous Wilms).

Wilms tumor may be separated into 2 prognostic groups based on pathologic characteristics:

Favorable - Contains well developed components mentioned above
Anaplastic - Contains diffuse anaplasia (poorly developed cells)

check out the ctscan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilms'_tumor

in a child
how can u tell with a neuroblastoma and wilms,both will have flank pain
but neuroblastoma key point -VMA increased,catecholimes increased,jus like
and also in neurobalstoma wen u see thru electron microscope u see dense dark granules, which are nothing but catecholamines. contained in granules i suppose
melanoma can it occur in the brain?how would it look like then....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »