Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to pepsi00 - paprica
yes more likely as it involves the head of pancreas. as well as bile duct obstruction is seen in adenocarcinoma of pancreas where it may cause jaundice. but if it involves tail and body its silent , so usually diagnosed at a late stage.
NOTE - THIS IS IMP

DUCTAL ADENOCARCINOMA Of PANCREAS - 95% of pancreatic cancer, 4th leading cause of cancer in US and has highest mortality rate.
increased risk in patients with germ line mutations - brca- 2, pprs 1. p16
tumour markers CEA and C19-9 (not specific or sensitive)
PAIN IN THE BACK - 1ST SYMPTOM .

METASTASIS - LUNG AND BONE

LESS THAN 1YR SURVIVAL.
fine-want to still talk about some cns stuff and then continue on? or u done for tonight?
yeah sure, cns wat else is left , ill be awake fr 2 more hrs
contussion
concussion

epidural
subdural ct scan appearance

what was that cerebellum tumor again with rossettes ahh
OH YES MEDULLABLASTOMA
neuroblastoma also has rossettes right
contusiion and concusiion its gotto do with the site of trauma. like concussion is when the compression of occurs on the same side where the trauma is, and contussion is on the opposite side as our brain is enclosed in rigid skull, n occiptial lobe is mostly invloved. and correct me if i interchanged. Tongue
hey there is 2 types of rosettes, true n pseudo rossetess, HW rossetes like tht. n they occcur in neuro and retinblastoma. but im confused which one occurs in what , is there anyway to remember .
True rossettes occur in neuroblastoma(I have to double check this)- in kids-so i guess think of little kids are flowers Smile
COUP CONTUSION- Hit on Immobile Head,INJURY DIRECTLY BENEATH THE AREA OF BLUNT FORCE
COUNTRECOUP CONTUSION-IN THE FALL IF THE OCCIPITAL AREA STRIKES
THE FLOOR,INJURY OCCURS IN THE FRONTAL AND TEMPORAL POLES AREA
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »