Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N.B.M.E challenge! - pepsi00
Well guys,as jeoprady is ongoing,we must take the challenge against every form of NBME withstrong conviction. This post will be accumulation of all the questions that I think thats hard or tricky.So the prize here is that you will ALL do well on real USMLE. The people who are struggling, or the people who keep thinking they CAN'T do it, we must bring them out and make them rise.
That is the beauty of this forum, we must push each other even if we do not know each other.
We are doing this for the love of medicine together.

Who will be in this boat with me? I don't know if I can gear this boat by myself, if I do I might be lost guys, so help each other like we all are doing now.

Thank You
Great idea..i wud have loved it to join in but i just have taken nbme 1 only,wish u best of luck,im sure u will get many ppl around to keep this going Smile tc
ua approach is beautiful

many r benefitting am sure

lets roll!!!!
thank you
I ve done only NBME 2 ,not vey happy with the results just passing score,i dont't know how to cover my wk erea and from where.
i have read kaplan ,goljan audio, goljan rr,Uw & FA .
so i ma doing everything again ,hoping for better score.
you know pepsy what you have done? i bet this preparation for usmle is the most boring thing for most of us. you are making it interesting. thank you for that. keep it up.
Challenge Begins

Highlight the point,if you do not know how to explain just look it up online thats faster then
look thru all these books. Good Luck to you all! This post will have questions from forms 1-6
but I am not going to state which form just because people won't memorize it but will learn
how to think in the heat of the question.

1. A 62 year old man with a history of alcohol dependence is admitted to the hospital for transurethral resection of the prostate.The following morning while being transported
to the operating room,he has two generalized tonic seizures withing 5 mins. Neurologic examination following the second seizure no focal abnormalities, Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?

A. Alcohol withdrawal
B. Hypoatremia
C. Korsakoff Syndrome
D. Partial Complex Seizure
E. Wernicke Encephalopathy

2. A 45-year-old man has had four episodes of involuntary twitching of the right foot. Following the last episodes, he had a tonic-clonic seizure. Which of the following structures on the left is the most likely origin of the seizure?

A ) Inferior frontal cortex
B ) Inferior temporal cortex
C ) Insular cortex
D ) Primary motor cortex
E ) Supplementary motor cortex
1] A
2]A
also one more thing to add. When reading this queston look at ur desktop time clock-NO MORE THAN 1 MIN per ques, if not jus skip come back to ti. Mentally highlight what you think is important in the stem before jumpin to the choices.
a and d
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »