Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N.B.M.E challenge! - pepsi00
A healthy 28 year ol single mother of three children recently started emplyment as a secretary at a local corporation. She has a variety of health care plans from which to choose. Which of the following types of plans is most likely to have the lowest out of pocket cost fot this patient and her family?

A. Fee for service
B. Health maintenance organization(how can we determine if this is the lowest,each insurance provider has a certain fee you have to pay monthly,same thing for PPO
but this monthly fee is higher then HMO)
C. Personal tax exempt health care account( I LIKE THIS ONE)
D. Point of service
E. Preferred provider organization

Well this
7. A 66 year old man comes to the physician bc of a 3 month history of difficulty urinating,
constant loss of small amounts of urine,and the sensation of incomplete bladder emptying.He has hypertension,type 2 D.M,and pollen allergies. Current medications include metoprolol,hycllorothiazide,insulin,magnesium,likely cause of the urinary problems in this patient?

A.Diphenhydramine
B. Hydrochlorothiazide
C.Insulin
D. Magnesium Hydroxide
E.Metoprolol
A anti muscarnic
7.answer=A

7.A 66 year old man comes to the physician bc of a 3 month history of difficulty urinating(WE
ARE TALKING SYMPATHEIC ACTION-MEANING YOU CAN NOT PEE PEE, SO DRUG THAT DOES THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT PREP SAID- antihistamine(I asked someone in this forum this question about all the drugs that have anticholingeric properties-TCA'S,ANTIHISTAMINES,ATROPINE),
constant loss of small amounts of urine,and the sensation of incomplete bladder emptying.He has hypertension,type 2 D.M,and pollen allergies. Current medications include metoprolol,hycllorothiazide,insulin,magnesium,likely cause of the urinary problems in this patient?
8. An investigational antiviral blocks activity of a virus encoded,RNA dependent DNA polymerase. This drug is most likely to inhibit replication of which of the following
viruses?

A. Adenovirus
B. Herpes
C. HIV
D. Influenza
E.Poliovirus

someone who answers this, see if you can label each one;s polyermerase.

Thanks
for 7.B , thiazide diuretics have antimuscarinic effects , i think i read somewhere.
paprica:check this out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimuscarinic
anyone 4 8?
8. C rna dependant dna polymerase is nothing but reverse transcriptase .
8. An investigational antiviral blocks activity of a virus encoded,RNA dependent DNA polymerase. This drug is most likely to inhibit replication of which of the following
viruses?

A. Adenovirus
B. Herpes
********C.HIV**********
D. Influenza
E.Poliovirus

lets state something about each lil organism
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »