Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help.....depressed...don't know what to do - sara2006
help. i just took nbme2 and scored 450. don't know what happened. cumulative uw is 62%. exam was supposed to be in 1 week. i postponed one more week. so 2 weeks left to figure out how to raise score. any suggestions to help improve score in 2 wks? i'm so depressed and don't know what to do. please anyone help
Hello
sara2006.
well depression and anxiety are natural at this time and expected.
1.please take this anxiety into a driving force toward betterment and success.
2.Please try to be calm and relaxed,i know it is easier to be said then to act.
3.Be positive.
4.review your profile performance on NBME and identify your weak areas and subjects.
in nest two week time focus on these weak areas more as compare to strong areas.
5.do not further postpone the date,take your exam in two weeks time.
6.make an schedule for the day and set goal for the week and try to achieve them at every cost.
7.Be self analytical if you are not achieving your goals.
8.Give yourself time for relaxation everyday and at least one day or half day at the end of week.
9.Pray,pray and pray according to your belief and religious affiliation.
10.Believe on yourself that you can pass this exam with good score.
11. Do your best and leave the rest for the God Almighty because you have only little control on your destiny.
Hope it will help you and others.
solve kaplan q bank revise uworld after that and then give exam....dont give it in 2 weeks..regards showman
Are u from BD?
thx newlight...

forget nbme, if u have the confidence, if u feel u have studied well and have ur basics right..then i think u can go for it. exam will be totally different to nbme anyhow..so go by ur instincts and confidence.. good luck.
thanks for your advice everyone....
bergkamp, what do you mean exam will be different than nbme? in what sense?

i honestly don't know what happened. i had been doing ok overall. i was supposed to revise for the last 2 days but felt very drained and did not get much done. but do you think that just not revising could have affected my score so much? i don't know
sara2006...

personally... as I thought about it in step 1... ( i had the same nbme score a few weeks before the test ... about 480 i think)... I thought ... ok, I am in the passing range for sure... now I have to go above it. So I started to review my UW notes... read everything that you feel is weak... but really know the concept. and be sure to master some subjects... those will get you through the day.

have confidence in yourself and really study this next two weeks.

thanks joannitam. i hope everything will go ok. i think my confidence is shaken. i don't know if it's because my level really is 450 or if it's just that i've been feeling burned out for the past week. no more energy.

anyway, i will try to make the best of these 2 weeks. thanks everyone for your support.
I agree with bergkamp and joann....identify weak areas,revise from both kaplan and uw...andif u r in elig period,just try to take time to feel comfortable...u can take the cd after 15days thorough revision,and then decide....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »