Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my score..95/227 - done_with_step1
Thanks God! I have 2 kids (3 and 4 y.o.) around me all the time, it was very hard to find time to study and to my BIG surprise i got * performance on Pharmacology (which i was only guessing on all those graphs), Cardiovascular * (i got audio video with murmurs) and Respiratory system*....I am very pleased with my score, thanks to this forum for the great inspiration, i would not be able to study alone for this test.
My study material Kaplan notes 2002 (i found Pharmacology, Microbiology, Physiology, Neuroanatomy very sufficient for the exam!!!)
i did all 34, 100 pages of Goljan's notes ( i got a few Q in my real test),
i listen Goljan's audios (very good for hematology, endo, nephrology, etc.)
i read Goljan's Pathology Stars edition - bigger and more complete than his pathology notes.
HY Molecular Biology, HY Cell and Histology, HY Anatomy, HY Neuroanatomy,
Kaplan videos on Anatomy and Behavioral Science;
I did online timed NMBE forms 4,5,6 - my real score is higher than NMBE prediction
and i did UsmleWorld assesment - it was more close to my score.
I did UW subscription, i kept redoing questions as many times as i could.
My advice is to practice as many questions as you can. For all Mom's here: if you want to score above 90 - take your time as long as need...even if it's over a year of total preparation. It was hard on my kids, so i had to take breaks from studying and spend more time with them.

congrates...good score....cheers...
if u dnt mind wud u plz send me link 4 high yield...on pinkey_gandhi
thnx in advance
congratulations,,,,,,,,,u hv done it

great job with family,,,,,double congratss
congratulations... great job...
congrats! could you please let me know when was your exam, my exam is on aug 9th and i wanted to know how long it takes to get results. Also I am a mom of 1, I study when he goes to bed at night :-)) Thanks and GL!
hi
i studied kaplan for anatomy , neuroanatomy and cellbiology. do u think these r suffient to get a good score like u.i m also mom of 2 nad my kids r aslo in same age group.how much time did u spend on step1.
luciecr, my exam was exactly 3 weeks from today, i was surprised to get score !

aishaz, Kaplan anatomy is GREAT for neuroanatomy, you may want to look at gross anatomy atlas for arm/leg/ anatomy; i got a few Histo Q's that i was not sure (maybe read HY book), if you have a chance: watch kaplan video/anatomy. Anatomy questions were all Neuro on my exam, but everyone's exam is different! Know well mitosis and meiosis for Cell biology + cell cycle (Goljan's pathology notes had a good explanation or go for HY Molecular Biology)....don't forget UW anatomy - very HY MRI's and CT's and X-rays.
CONGRATULATIONS
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks averyone!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »