Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program coordinators are really uncooperative.. -
Mad

I asked for rescheduling of a date, she cancelled me for the scheduled date and pput me on wait list for interview. Now I am requesting her to give me back my original date, and she is not doing that. So I lost one interview in CA for no fault of my own.
ted

poor you! Try calling again!
md

i called one program coordinator today,she asked me to spell my name, i told D as in doctor and the rest.now she wanted to confirm my name ........D as in dog and the rest.I have heard this many times before .but when you here this you feel terrible ,is it only for IMGs or is it the usual way here ?
Mad

I have lived here for 7 years, D for dog is NOT usual at all...these people are being extremely mean.
Mad

Ted, she has written in her e-mail not to call and e-mail her, she will get back to me whenever there is an availability, which might be when I am gone for some other interview. This is frustrating.
ted

some ppl r really mean! its all matter a of color Sad
hmmn

wow, sorry to hear that.

thats a really nasty program coordinator. I've interacted with A LOT of nasty ones myself.... and had only just come to the conclusion that I do not like program coordinators. But your story definitely beats anything I have ever had to deal with. Why dont you find out a way to contact the program director directly e.g. send him regular mail (addressed to him) - that way she may not be allowed to open it. Type the envelope (dont handwrite)....just explain your situation.
losthope

I called up and she said IMGs are not welcome.
I feel so depressed.

She says there are too many indians and parkistanis already
guess what

In regards to the program coordinators, you have to realize they are human beings with superhuman tasks.

At this time of the year, they not only have to schedule the interviews, correspond back and forth to accomodate the needs of the program director, residents, other faculty members and the interviewees, and make hotel reservations (sometimes) but also take hundreds of phone calls each day.

Dealing with IMGs is tough since they lack some of the following things I am litsing.

You can make their job easier by following these steps when you decide to call them.

a) Make sure you have written down the things you need to talk about.
b) Be pleasant and polite.
c) Use magic words as much as possible.
d) Make sure you explain yourself really well and to the point.
e) Don't be repetitive.
f) Wear a helmet.
aajkal

hearing u people make me shudder with fear will hav to go through this next year
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »