Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion about programs.....!!! -
Sourav

I have interviews for IM at Overlook Hospital, NJ and Woodhull Hospital, NY on 22nd and 23rd November respectively. I would highly appreciate it if anyone could give me some opinions about these programs, what to expect, what to do.....in fact, any piece of information that isn't readily available from regular sources. There is only so much one can learn from the websites, and not all programs have even half decent websites.

Thanks in advance.
Sourav

Anyone? Atleast tell me if they ask medical questions or not.
ivy

hey sourav,
how r u doing? just a note of gratitude for all your help on the forum in the past.
a suggestion for ur question.
go to scutwork and u can email some of the reviewers ur question.
or if the list of residents email is on the website, u can email them
Sourav

Hey ivy,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did try to talk to the residents at one program, and even though they were willing to answer my questions over the phone, they said that I could ask them whatever I wanted on the day of the interview and that asking before that wouldn't really help me get an idea of the program. But I'll keep trying.

I didn't know anyone was even keeping track of what I had done here. I am always glad to help out people in the same boat as I am in any way I can. This forum has helped me a lot and I just wanted to give back some amount of what I had taken. (Too philosophical???).

I'll be sure to post my interview experiences.

Keep up the good work guys!!!
mw

What is scutwork?
ivy

hey sourav,
ur very welcome and im sure a lot of people notice, they just may not say it.
i also find myself in the situation ur in. i have a few interviews but am really having a hard time ( getting better though with work! ) building up a lot of enthusiasm about them bcos i know so little.
i agree that you can only know so much abt a program without actually visiting. so once uve decided to attend the interview, just try to find out as much as u can about your interviewers and give it ur best shot. u can decide to accept or reject the program after you do visit.
GL!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »