Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Bottom scores,Pls help!want to kill myself -
DepressedDoc

Hi

I am an IMG with 76/75 on step1 and 2,graduated in 2000.I moved here after getting married to a US citizen.
Pls anyone who knows, let me know can I apply and hope to get a residency in 2005?
If so what are the best specialties to apply for and where can I get a list of programs and hospitals that may accept me or grant an interview.
Please please help me if anyone knows anything.
I am very depressed and dont know what to do.
Please help.
bea

Don't be depressed for that. It is not worth it . Apply to as many hospital as you can ,mostly Family practice and IM maybe even pediatrics , apply within the range of 90 hospitals even more if your budget permits you that. Try those hospitals that take only Green card holder and us citizens. i am sure there is a chance out there.Don't lose hope.
Gl
DepressedDoc

Thanks bea.
Do you or anyone has any idea where I can get information abt the hopsitals that dont have high score requirements?

Thanks again
img

DepressedDoc, please leave your email, i will email you the lists.

Good luck! Keep hope.
DepressedDoc

Hi img,
Thanks so much.my email is baigmd2005
img

i am sending to you now, hope it helps.
img

did you get it. it was out. please check your email.
DepressedDoc

Hi img

I got the list.

Thank you so much.
mg

From What I have gathered so far by talking to prog. coordinators, US clinical experience is something that is really valued. best is hands on, if not, observership is okay, better than nothing. Also there are a few externships for IMGs, though not in every state. You may have to stay away from home. Possible for those with no kids. This is the way to improve your application.
DUO - imgmatch2005

hi, img, can you please email me a copy too? I have mid-80 scores but graduated long time back. Please help.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »