Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JHU/Bayview -
BU

Just got an interview from this place. Does anyone know a bit more about it terms of how closely affiliated it is to JHU and overall reputation of the program?
dude

it is a very good prog better than jhu/sinai
BU

anyone else with feed back? how close is it to JHU?
pia

could you tell me , please, when did you apply?
BU

Sep 29th, but my file was not complete until sometime mid october. They write in their very long invitation email, that the program leaders go through every application and that it takes some time.
pia

thanks, BU
I applied at the end of oct...still waiting... I called them and found out that they received 1500 applicatins ....and still reviewing...
BU

to Pia: they are kind of a strange program..rather small...but very friendly. I had written an email to the PD some time ago, asking about my status. When I got my invitation, he also wrote me a personal email, excusing himself for the delayed response and refering to my CV and things he would like to discuss with me...very unusual....btw just a question: you are not by any chance from germany?
pia

no, BU, I am from romania
JAS

BU,
It´s a standart invitation from them. On the beginning of the third paragraph they address something good in our CV. On the second they ask apologies for the delay. It makes us feel special.
Nice program.
Good luck,
BU

I was aware that the invitation was a standard email..albeit fattering and thus clever...but the PD wrote a second one as a direct response, which I though was very nice...anyway they make the impression of a more personal approach which is easy for them as they only have 19 spots and thus only invite 180 or so...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »