Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How competitive is... - raleighdoctor
My scores are CK 80, cs pass , waiting for step 1 results, 3 months observership in USA and a DGO from India. Since my score is not good, I,m not very optimistic. I,m applying for IM and FM . I want to know how competitive is Transitional year ? I s it paid or unpaid?
anyone please?
You have to be optimistic in this battle... search for programs that best suits you... I think Transitional year is quite tough to get in because many AMG's prefer that... I think you have a very good chance in FM as you already have an Obs & Gyn degree from your country.. Most of FM programs have minimum score requirement of 80 and up.. so I think You should be able to make it.. All the Best..

If you think you can, you can....
I want to do my residency in Family medicine,,,,and apply only in FM,,,,,but someone suggested me that its better to apply in two ,,,three ..like FM,IM,Paeds ,as there a more chances compare to applying only in one programme,,,,,Is it true?
my score step 1-84,,,,step 2 -89,,,CS awaiting result.
Thanks Jack 11 for responding
insead of applying to 10 progr of FM, 10 IM, 10 Ped youcam apply to 30 FM. no need to make differend PS's
hey buddy
i believe u have a good chance and u have many options
u can apply for transitional year
or u can apply to FM or pysciatry they r the least competitive
can i use Lors for IM for FM too??
please anyone help me,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »