Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any moms there? - raleighdoctor
I have a 3 yr old...and expecting a new baby in Jan. This whole process is driving me crazy.Managed USMLE steps by paying exorbitant amount to daycare. Cannot afford putting 2 kids in daycare. How do I get USCE then? By the time kids grow up, I,ll become an old graduate. Is it worth it? Any moms there coping up?
me! just got encouragement from guys in the forum. guess what we need to do is just to try our best. by the way, i'm already old, :-)
Im a DAD w/ almost 3 yr old daughterWinkit is really expensive to have our children for child/daycare if we dont have enough help from our relatives such as from parents or in laws..but thats life here in US..im also in the same boat..less money for now but later on we can afford things that we want esp to our children..dont lost hope guys because you are NOT alone in this journey!!!!
i am also in the same situation

Dad of a little boy ( adorable)

one would say it s much harder for mother
but i would say same thing becz i dont work ( not allowed to)
so there is much more tension becz have to study and manage budget w/o any income...Very hard

I am mother of 3 yr old son and 7 month old doughter. I don't have USCE either. There is 3 and half year gap in my CV and I am old grad(?) 2003. If I get interviews and if they ask me about the gap in my CV I am going to tell them proudly that I was mothering my adorable kids. To all mothers we need to be proud of ourselves and the years we spent staying home with our kids.
I am mom of 5 years and 16 months boys, I work as part time medical assistant in clinic and cleard my steps, don't have any relative here the money I am getting from work I give it directly to day care but by doing so I had the opportunity to get get some usce by doing some observorship and assisting research and getting LORs, so the point is try to find part time job in clinic or hospitals and get some contact with DR.s here even if you don't earn any money for now.
count me too;i have a 2 n half yr old daughter,and i thank GOD every dayy coz she is sooo cute and intelligent,i m doing part time externship at clinic and she understands that mom has to go to work.she is my good luck charm coz i started studying after she was born and i cleared my steps with her(step 3 still to b given).above all i had a miscarriage 3 months back when i was giving my cs,i gave my xam with dead fetus coz i dont know that i had a missed abortion.but i thank GOD that i came to know about it the very next day after my xam,when i was scheduled for n ultrasound.these previous months r not easy for me,i could'nt concentrate on anything but now i m trying to b out of it and thats how i managed to get externship at private clinic recently.
dont ever give up,we should b proud of ourselves coz what we r doing is very especial and hard to do,not everybody has guts to do these things together(study n kids with family).
^So sorry to hear about that Fri, glad you're back on your feet again.

Single mom to a very inquisitive 8 year old girl. She's the only one that keeps me going these days (especially when we play Rockband together *LOL* =)

Good luck to all of us .. may our loved ones continue to give us the inspiration that we need.
Thats nice to know about you all, ladies. I too joined a part-time clerical job in a hospital to get some contacts and money, put my daughter in a daycare, wrote step 1 ,CS and CK ,passed and did an observership too.....all in one year span. It does make me more confident. I believe in myself now...all the more.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »