Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to arlete/any1 with cleveland clinic observership - kumaun_boy
do they still give observerships in internal medicine?? i emailed them and they said that observerships in IM,FM and paeds are no longer given?? but some people have mentioned in various forums that they got observership in IM this year. they also mentioned that some departments require ECFMG certification. IM does. now in my email i had specifically told them that i was not ecfmg certified. was that the reason that they said so abot IM? what about cardio/endo/gastero/pulmonary med?? do we have to be ecfmg certified for those also?? and how soon do we come to know that our application has been accepted?? suppose we sent the application and the 500$ processing fees and we didnt get an observership in one department then do we get an option to change the department?? or do we have to send 500$ again along with the application and request a new department??

hope somebody who has done an observership in cleveland clinic or some one who will do one soon answer my questions.

thanks in advance.
hi i did observership in endo there , i was not ecfmg certified at the time of application , but i told them i will provide them when i come for joing , endo and nephro are good depatnments , but make sure u collect ur lor before u leave
i guess cleveland clinic florida still ofeers with some money ets but the one in ohio does nt take any money n yepp they do offer observerships id did 6 weeks last year n 4 weeks this year with them....
Go to their website, the info is all there. they charge you $350 only to consider your application, and you do have to be ECFMG certified (from what I last heard). It's worth, good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »