Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paperwork for overall USMLE application - mad_mom
Hi Guys and Gals on this useful forum,

I am IMG from India (2000), I am travelling to India , since its expensive and difficult to travel with child, pl advise what documents I need from my college for Step1 application uptil Step3, I do have residency completion certificate and final medical diploma already from my cllege when I finished MBBS.

I will be eternally grateful to anyone who could give me a list of documents (e.g clinical clerkship etc.),

I respect this forum, this would be a lifesaver,
God Bless,
mad_mom

if u have applied for step 1 and if ecfmg oasis shows that they have sent verification form to your college u can check whether it has reached the college,if it has reached u can grease the hands of the officials involved to get the form sent back on time(atleast i got the job done that way)

u can also get the MSPE(Medical Student Performance Evaluation) letter done by the deans office.u need it at the time of participation in the match.

u should also get the medical school transcript which shows the marks u got in all exams,the no. of hours devoted to the various subjects both the theory and practical,repaet attempts if any.u need atelast 2 original copies.one should be sent along with the verification form which the ecfmg has sent to yr college.the other one keep it with u.during match send a copy of this to ecfmg when u send other docs like photo,lors etc

i remember this much at present.ask yr friends from yr college if any one of them gave usmle and they might help u
Hi Kaumaon

Thanks for the info, how long does it take normally for paperwork to reach the college if i complete application for step1 now?
Also, I do have a trnscript with subjects attempted etc. but they are in the regular format saying marks obtained and pass fail, first class or second class, does this transcript have to be in a format with hours spent in each department?

God Bless, Thanks in advance
hello. me not the above mentioned person .but i am from India. when you apply for step 1 and send all the documents to ecfmg, they will send the verification form to yr college. they will also send u a letter at the same time saying that the verification form has been sent to yr college. but do mention the correct address, u say u are going to India, right. but i think u should mention the US address. will avoid confusion in future.when u get the letter from ecfmg, u can check on yr college to see if they received the verification form. generally it takes about 2 months from the time u send the documents to ecfmg. and regarding what kumaun said about 'ghoos', i think he is right. i gave some 'mithai' myself.

and regarding the transcript, i have the hours also, in addition to marks. but it depends on what the college people are willing to write in it. but it will be good if u get the no. of hours written also.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »