Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidance needed - stealth
Hi everybody,
m a final year MBBS student from india about to complete my final year in dec.i'll start wid my internship in jan next year. I hav made up my mind to give usmle and started surfing web to gather information regarding that. I found this site n is surfing it from 2/3 days. U ALL GUYS ROCK. I never imagined such a database ever existed to help the needy students. Well coming to my problem which may seem silly to many of u guys but since m a fresher in this field i justified myself in asking this ques. m planning to start my prep in jan n give 1st step in aug and then go for clerkship in us and side by side give step 2cs over there in the same visit. Can somebody guide whether m proceeding on write pathway and also details about study material for step 1 and how to prep for step 2cs and details regarding clerkship(its value,univ offering,duration, expenditure) and LOR'S. i will be very much thankfull to any of u who could spare his/her precious time in guiding this beginner. Plz help me.
u are doing the right thing yaar in going for a clerkship. try Mt Sinai School of Medicine in NY, they have a program for students like us ie IMGS. but u have to be real quick in applying.very few spots each month. u will be able to get a lor also. and the clerkship will also help in getting some valuable experience in dealing with patients. as for study material goto medishared.com , its all free.

if u dont find any eligible spots in Mt Sinai, try all the programs in NY, New England region, NJ and the entire east coast in that order. also try this on google search : 'digital doc externships list' , on the right hand corner u will also find other states.

hope this helps.
Thanks flanker99.
get abck to me at
gsandhya12345
for usmle step 1 preparation
i am in india i will give the best kit for usmle step 1 preparation
i have 2k8 kit
u can start straight away for the usmle preparation

cheers

ravikanth/sandhya
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »