Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Clinical Experience - ahmaneedajob
I'm a US citazen IMG in South Florida - Miami/Fort Lauderdale area - ECFMG certified. I've been having no luck setting anything (research, externships, observerships etc) down here. I'd like to start doing something clinical so I can say I'm doing SOMETHING during my interviews in Dec and also to keep me clinically involved. I'm assuming that would come up in an interview and I'm quite concerned about it. I only have a couple of interviews...

I know about the program at Mt Sinai and Miami but those take 6-8 months to set up if you're accepted and I've heard they're pretty nasty too. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Mt Sinai and nasty!!! who told u that??? i have heard that neonatology and IM are pretty good. few people i talked to and who did an observership there told that it was a very good learning experience and they got atleast 1 lor also.

yr comments are interesting. but can u tell me which branch exactly was yr source doing observership in?? true these observerships are expensive but then atleast we get them if we apply in time and also Mt Sinai does not require ecfmg certificate , something which Cleveland and UDMNJ need

thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »