Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to roentgen ...... - kaetty
hi buddy,, i just wanted to know if not writing the procedure after giving the appropriate consult would mean docking of all the points..
like for a case of adrenal mass causing primary hyperaldosteronism, i give the surgey consult and the surgery people take it for surgery..... BUT IF I DO NOT ACTUALLY TYPE IN "ADRENALECTOMY" , would that make a dent in my score......................
for roentgen ... can u plz tell me if u did usmle cd ques blocks if yes hw much score u were gettin ...thanks for ur input ...
folks.... there was one kinda newish case in the exam....i dont think this ones there in the uw................... but still it was no big deal ....
the case was of a just born new kid... like 8 hrs old, born to a 39 yr mommy and with all the tell tale stigmata of downs... basically with duodenal atresia and womiting every thing............ others were all dead straight ..... likr tia, pe, endometrial cancer,prim heraldos and htn in a youn bloke, mrsa bacteremia, blunt trauma and splenic ruture and bp stable....hmmmmm oh yee , there was one more newish.... but again nothing at all..... hepatitis a in sexualy promiscuous guy.... he he..... and ye.. alcoholic with megaloblastic anaemia.... there was tenderness in the rt upper quad.... ct was negative for ca pancreas... ..
i felt uw is enough even for a very good score... like its enough even for getting the full monty ......
hey did u do usmle cd hw much was ur scre in it my exam is like in 10 days i jus gt like 28 correct in 1st block i just finished with u world with cumulative 55 :-( dont know what to do next may be il revise u world once more ??? but hw much should i be gettin in that usmle cd ??
and yea hw many ques are there on day i guess 7 block of 48 each and on day 2, 4 blocks of 36 ques ???
kaety can u plz tell .....
if ur step 2 basics r very good.... which is again step 2 uw........................ and then ur thorough with step 3 uw........ thats it... it will b easy...
u meant heyy me??????? i tht roentgen..... cos i am chewing into my nails for missing out on typing the actual procedure....... it struck me while i was abt to inadvertantly type in "CAROTID ENDARTERECTOM".......... but by then that was allready the 8 cases......
i am hoping that would b overlooked
Hey kaetty,i got the same cases as u did...excatly same...i am shocked ....well i took my exam on oct 10th..when did u take it?
kaetty:
Once you order surgery consult
a window will appear and ask you the cause
then you type
hyperaldosteronism for ADRENALECTOMY

strongdoc67
I scored 80% in USMLE CD

Friends don't think that every thing will be straightforward from UW
I too had 4 cases not given in uw
2 Cases from UW in modified manner
but if you use medical common sense/IQ and follow the protocol u will crack it
I had one case which did not improve and all work up was negative