Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nbme 3 question please explain for me - sfmd
two hours after ER cholecystectomy, 48 year old woman has an oxygen saturation 84% and po2 56mmgh on 2 l of o2 nasal cannula. bp 120/80 mmhg , respirations 16/min .
Decreased breath sounds are heard on right, and there is decreased excurion on inspiration
bilaterally. There is minimal dullness ober the right base. examination shows no jugular venous distention or pedal edema. X-ray film of chest shows increased density over the right lower lung field, the trahceal, considerably smaller than the left lung field. Which of the following is the most likely cause of findings?

a atelectasis
b pleural effusion
c pneumonia
d pneumothorax
e pulmonary embolism

if anyone knows the answer and explanation please teach me thank you for your time
I am confused between atelectasis and pneumothorax.....
atelectasis pure semiology...
thank you dr. dalet
but isn't pneumothorax has similar of these ?
pneumo percution hiperrressonant but It can lead to jugular estasis because increase cardiac right pressures...
It´s only a guess I am not sure the way that they put this question is not as simple ...
pneumo is also dullness but hiperrresonant but they haven´t told it...
pneumo in DECREASE of intensity in the Xray rather than increase that we see in consolidation of penumo (it´s not pneumonia because is acute enought)...
Only my guess
in pneumo it´s not dullness it´s hiperrressonant...
thank youso much dr. dalet .
remember WIND - WATER - WALKING - WOUND
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »