Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it safe? taxi from LGA to Brooklyn hospital? - star7
Hi,
anyone with experience taking a cab/taxi from La Guardia airport or JFK airport to brooklyn hospital?
is it safe?
please share. i have IV there and will go straight to hospital from airport. am afraid but i have to go.
please help me.

thanks a lot
simple question and nobody has an answer for you..

NYC is very safe during the day. you have nothing to worry about if you are just taking a cab.. at night in the bronx, brooklyn, its a different story.. daytime i would not worry about a thing..

just come and enjoy the brief time you have in NYC and dont be scared.. take in the sites and smells..

if you are worried, though.. you can always take a "car service" which is more expensive, but you are driven around in a black lincoln towncar and not a yellow taxi cab.. once you get to the airport you will find all sorts of telephone numbers for car services.. you can even tell the person who takes you to meet you at the hospital at a certain time to take you back.. just dont worry.. NY is an amazing place..

i myself have lived in the heart of the south bronx during my rotations.. as well as in the middle of nowhere in brooklyn.. so trust my opinion.. now i am finally living in manhattan Smile
Hy nymd6,

thank you very much for your encouragement.
i will try to take the car services you have advised. I am willing tp pay in exchange for my sense of safety.
I know God will take care of me too...
thank you so much for taking the time to answer.
God bless
yes it is safer than to take the train especially if you are alone. God bless.
Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGoj0jxd7PI. Couldn't restrain myself, sorry.
subways are safe too....i have travelled alone in subway several times.....its very safe....

gl
if you are planning to take the train, don't do that with your lugage, you might atract some extra attention for problems.
Taxis are ok, I think america is safe
hi star 7..ny is the most convenient city to take public transport. just remember to pack ur stuff in a small carry on bag. dont carry too bulcky bags and you should be fine. you can easily put your 2-3 days trip stuff in an average sized carry on bag.
as far as the transport safety,,,its safe. REMEMBER IF YOU GET LOST SOMEWHERE, ASK THE SECURITY OR THE INFORMATION DESCK or the ticket desck,they are very happy to help you. travelling is safe till 9- 10 pm. and if youre travelling before that, trust me, theres a whole world going to and coming back from work. so you are not alone.
hope this helps...enjoy your trip and gl..
to all who took time to post here....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
now am more confident (a little bit more) to go.
God bless you all kind guys. I hope and pray that we all be accepted for resdiency this year.
again, thanks a lot!

sincerely,
star7
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »