Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qualified Citizens and GC Doctors - change
Well, good luck, I hope this takes a long time, that way neither you or me will have to worry about it, I am sure I will give you some good news when I tell you about my accepted prematch offer next week and I hope you get an offer too, not "leftovers" from capable IMGs.
BTW, a commision from YOUR government (ECFMG) says I am certified as MD in YOUR country, what can you do about that? Sorry and good luck, I hope you get IVs and the match residency positio you want, so you will stop making others miserable.
this thread needs to be completely deleted
I agree, this only leads to hate between us, I don;t even know if these guys are just a bunch of people trying to discourage others. One thing is certain for sure, no one willing to do this is going to be a decent doctor, I hope I don't run into one of these creeps.
YOU ARE COMPETING FOR LEFTOVERS FROM AMGS.
BUT THE RIGHT ORDER IS

1. CITIZENS +GC HOLDERS
2. VISA REQUIRING IMGS

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT PERSOANLLY. WE HAVE NOTHINH AGAINST YOU BUT AS SOMEONE SAID IN AMERICA AMERICANS FIRST. IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU ARE FIRST. THEN AGAIN, DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

that what we r saying
mr thurkee thats the order anywasy thats being followed
university programs
surgical lines
certain programs take pride in not hiring imgs

may be if u dint get ivs has nothing to do with the imgs and h1 b visas

may be u dint strategise well
any ways useless arguing good bye
Officials to contact in State of Ohio
http://voinovich.senate.gov/public/index.cfm
http://brown.senate.gov/
Do not forget about the member of House of Representatives
Enter your zip code to find your senators and representatives to tell them your story
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

Contact Department of Labor and tell them about the abuse of H1 and J 1 Visas
http://www.dol.gov/
Abuse of H1B and J Visas and Department of Labor Regulations for the Employment of Non-resident Foreign National Physicians

To: U.S. Lawmakers
DOL (Department of Labor) has clear regulations that US citizens and permanent residents are to be considered for vacant positions before such vacancies are offered to applicants from abroad.

In most fields, obtaining an H1B and J visa is a very difficult process and stringent conditions apply before an H1B and J petition is approved. In medicine it is just the opposite.

Administrators of hospital residency programs, in contravention of DOL rules and regulations, are routinely offering vacant positions to foreign medical graduates (FMGs) not living in the US without first attempting to fill such vacancies with qualified candidates residing within US borders.

Hospital residency positions, including internships, are filled through a centralized electronic application system. Anyone, anywhere in the world with internet access can use this system to apply for hospital residency positions. This allows applicants from abroad to apply at the same time as US citizens and permanent residents.
Since the number of applicants from abroad far outnumber US citizens and permanent residents applying for each vacancy, qualified US citizens and permanent residents are frequently never interviewed for some positions which ultimately are given to non-resident foreign applicants who are then supplied with H1B and J visas enabling them to work as physicians in the US.

Hospitals are therefore determining who receive visas. Screening of these H1B and J recipients is minimal at best as hospitals are virtually unfettered in sponsoring H1B visas for candidates they hire from abroad.

Hospitals receive federal, city and state funds from tax dollars, yet citizens and permanent residents residing in the US who contribute these tax dollars are being outnumbered and ignored.

There are currently thousands of unemployed, qualified graduates of foreign medical schools; both US citizens and permanent residents; residing in the US capable of filling these vacancies.

Only after all US citizens and permanent residents who apply are found not suitable, should programs be free to hire non-resident applicants. To interview and subsequently employ non-resident applicants without first interviewing US citizens and permanent resident applicants in order to ascertain their suitability, is utter disregard for US labor laws.

This practice is dangerous in that doctors provided with H1B and J visas in this manner are not screened as thoroughly as other prospective immigrants are. This practice must be stopped outright.

Please take action and help safeguard the health and safety of our communities.
I ask your help to ensure that:
1.Current laws are respected and enforced.
2.Applicants are appropriately screened before being provided with H1B and J visas.
3.Regulations stipulating that vacant positions be offered to qualified US citizens and permanent residents before attempting to fill such vacancies with applicants from abroad are complied with.

There are already thousands of qualified, unemployed foreign medical graduates residing in the USA capable of filling these vacancies. Why take this unnecessary risk?

Sincerely,
USA Citizen
[WASHINGTON, DC]- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) today announced that provisions of œThe H-1B and L-1 Visa Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act of 2007 he introduced earlier this year with U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) have been added to the Kennedy-Kyl immigration reform compromise bill. Durbin™s legislation would overhaul the H-1B and L-1 visa programs to give priority to American workers and crack down on unscrupulous employers who deprive qualified Americans of high-skill jobs.
please contact your senators and congressman ask them to join the Durbin/Grassely Bill. help American in needs.

there are also investigations on outsourcing companies companies. it seems the only people supporting visas are IMMIGRATION LAWYERS and their CLIENTS.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »