Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qualified Citizens and GC Doctors - change
œOur immigration policy should seek to complement our U.S. workforce, not replace it, Durbin said. œSome employers have abused the H-1B and L-1 temporary work visa programs, using them to bypass qualified American job applicants. I want to set up safeguards for American workers, and provide much-needed oversight and enforcement of employers who fail to abide by the law.
so please call your senators and Congressman in your states, as they usually only response to those in their states.
Isn't it interesting how many GC holders are very aggressive against IMGs in this forum? First they get into the country as IMGs, do research or whatever, and 5 seconds after they receive their greencard they believe they have the right to be protected against the workforce of the applicants that are still waiting in line to get their GC... This is bizarre!!
This system is based on competition, so it is tailored to make sure patients get the best doctors on the world wide market. As someone that might be a patient in the future, I deeply appreciate this procedure. Sure, bitching about competition is a way to deal with the frustration of not having job opportunities. The alternative is to work hard to improve your application package!!
dr._z,

you obvious do not know much about the american financial crisis and do obvious do not care or hope american to have their jobs.

I disagree.
dr_z,
I completely agree with you.
Also, undeniably, they do have a huge edge over IMGs. Why, most programs don't even invite IMGs without visa, no matter how good their scores/experience/research.
If this issue does get bigger, it will be nice to see the plan backfiring. All these issues of discrimination against IMGs may come out, and all programs may be forced to answer, why so and so candidate was not invited for interview!
The knife cuts both ways!
if you were born in the US you have certain right. that is able to run for US President. if you were not, you can not run for US president no matter how smart you are. THAT IS THE US CONSTITUTION. IT IS THE LAW.

so we as others laws to be enforce as Senator Durbin said " œOur immigration policy should seek to complement our U.S. workforce, not replace it.

especially in this difficulty. we need all those Americans to help out their neighbors.
To concern:
That is exactly how the system is set up. All perfect.
I am usually a silent visitor of this forum but now I want to add my 2 cents too. Well I am a US citizen and in US for last 5 years. My credentials are 91/87/p(3). I understand I had 3 attempts in my CSA and it is a big negative factor in my application and I am applying for last 4 years to match but never get more than 0,1 or 2 interviews and didn't match. But lot of AMGs with multiple steps in each exam are doing residencies and some have completed it, and are successful physicans. Anyway I had to struggle a lot like most of us, but to support your family by doing odd jobs and studying for your exams can not be compared with working as a physican in your country or just being supported by family while you study in your home country. I am not discriminting against foreign IMGs as I was once the same but the situation is different now because now I have a family here to support and I have no money or energy left to study in other field. As I am qualifeid like all of you but now this is my country and I have the right to fight for my civil rights. And I am hundred percent sure the people who are against it will fight for their rights after they become permanent residents or US citizens. So please keep on posting emails to local senators or law officials because nothing is impossible in US.....
Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa. http://grassley.senate.gov/

Voted on Senate floor in favor of amendment to protect American workers. http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfile...istSend=IA&VIPID=235
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »