Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass at second attempt, Now I am back to help you - sure4
Hi sure4,
I need some help,could u please email me drgg08.

thanks.
those who are unable to pass this time i can understand it is very hard.
May god bless all of you
Take care
I just finished step1 and starting step2 prep. Pls what is the full meaning of CIS,SEP, and ICE. Thanks. godfreythomas@comcast.net
SEP - SPOKEN ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
ICE - INTEGRATED CLINICAL ENCOUNTER
CIS - COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS

for more information please explore - www.usmle.org and www.ecfmg.org

Good luck
i need to talk to u is it possible i can just for few min to ask few questions.....?anytime u say i want to do one case as practise with u to know what r my mistakes plz
my id is katie_mike
thanks a lot, i have to save this, very very very useful and informative post.
I havent started watching the videos, so i have a silly question, which systems involves undressing the patient in physical examination? Undressing male patient and examining them is easy, Did u have to undress female patient too? and which cases?

What do u have to have before CSA? white coat, stetho, hammer( or do u call it something else, for jerks?) do u need BP machine also?
Thanks.
pls tell me what do the following stand for?
HPI (History of present illness): L I Q O R A A
PMH (Past medical history): P A M H U G S
answer is in this post.
thank you so much for the advice sure

I am going to take my exam in April. What about usmleworld? do you subscribe it online? or is a download version avaliable anywhere? Can anyone help me if they have a download version of Step 2 CS?

9gcy@163.com

thanks
Slushy
I can understand you, can you wait till 11 - 12 April if possible, I am damn busy till that. But after that i can practice couple of cases in stead of a single case. Please consider it

nabil

which systems involves undressing the patient in physical examination?
-FOR CVS & RS YOU WILL HAVE TO LOWER GOWN FROM UPSIDE DOWN AND FOR ABDOMEN, AND LEGS U NEED TO REAISE THE GOWN BUT REST OF PARTS MUST BE COVERED WITH DRAP

Undressing male patient and examining them is easy, Did u have to undress female patient too? and which cases?
- FEMALE IN USMLE CS WEAR BRA SO THERE SHOULD BE NO HAZITATION TO LOWER THE GOWN. IN USMLE GENERALLY 7-8 PATIENTS ARE FEMALE.

What do u have to have before CSA? white coat, stetho, hammer( or do u call it something else, for jerks?) do u need BP machine also?
- FOR CS U NEED TO HAVE YOUR STETHO AND WHITE LAB COAT. NO OTHER PERSONAL ITEM IS ALLOWED IN EXAM ROOM. EVEN THEY PROVIDE YOU STETHO AND LAB COAT IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN OR DON'T HAVE AT ALL

Thanks.
- GOOD LUCK. THAT'S OK MAN

docdec

HPI (History of present illness): L I Q O R A A
- THIS IS ESPECIALLY FOR PAIN
L - LOCATION
I - INTENSITY
Q - QUALITY
O - ORIGIN, DURATION , PROGRESS
R - RADIATION, RELIEVING FACTORS
A- AGGRAVATION FACTORS
A - ASSOICATE COMPLAINS - FEVER, HEADACHE, CHEST PAIN, NAUSEA VOMITING, COUGH, ETC ETC ETC

PMH (Past medical history): P A M H U G S
- THIS MUST BE ASKED IN ALL PATIENTS
P - PAST HISTORY OF SIMILAR KIND OF COMPLAIN?
A - ALLERGY
M - PAST MEDICAL HISTORY
H - HOSPITALIZATION
U - URINATION PROBLEM
G - GI PROBLEM
S - SEX
SOCIAL
SLEEP
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
P - PERSONAL HISTORY

chinger
UW IS NOT MUCH HELPFUL FOR CS
ALL YOU NEED IS FULL TIME STUDY PARTNER WHO WILL TAKE EXAM AND ONE MENTOR OR ADVISOR WHO CAN ADVISE YOU AS AND WHEN NEEDED (WHO HAVE PASSED THIS EXAM)

i am open for any other question

Good luck to all
Please pray for my step 3 prep and exam
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »