Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got my score.....99/256..hey GUEST are u there? - jayasurya
First of all it is time to thank god and my dear forum members.

I gave my exam on 18th November and today I got my score. I apologize for not being the part of step 2 forum after my exam. Frankly speaking, step 2 exam was probably the worst exam I have done so far in my life. I literally felt that I did extremely bad in the exam and that was the reason I could not share my exam experience.

Pre exam preparation:

- Time: approximately 4 and half months. (when I started my preparation, stefan78, showman, guest78, vanco, drkhmer were all rocking the forum, which gave me great boost to start my preparation).

- Material:

Kaplan 2005-2006 notes (later I revised 2008-2009 notes for medicine, Gyne, Surgery)
UW Qbank: One time only, with average 69. Also revised Kaplan notes with UW Qbank.
Made Notes in Kaplan Notes (I have writter's cramp, so I couldn't write my own
notes.
Big NO to kaplan step 2 CK lecture videos. Did only Dr. Fischer's cardio that too because I was unable to concentrate initially.
Kaplan New Qbank: was recommended by my friend and did some 1000 Questions online and was getting around 67% on an average.

Used to keep step 1 Goljan rapidreview pathology, step 1 Kaplan anatomy, pharmacology and microbiology with me all the time.

Thats It. Nothing else. No FA, No blueprints, nothing. So basically Kaplan and UW.

NBMEs:

NBME 2: three weeks before the exam, online: 660 ( I was high on the moon!!!!!!)
NBME 3: One week before the exam, online: 570 ( I was thrown down to the earth, big time)
NBME 3 broke my confidence and I thought about postponing my exam by couple of weeks. I had to search all 99s in the past 2-3 months to look for their NBME 3 score. Average was 560 and I was kind of happy again Smile

EXAM day:

Oh My God!!!!!! The same word still comes to my mind, if I try to remember how I did in my exam.

Almost all the questions were very long, much tougher than UW and Kaplan Qbank. I could barely finish my blocks on last second.

All the blocks (believe me all 8 blocks) were full of vague questions. I was not confident even in a single Question. SO STEP 2 CK IS LIKE THIS ONLY. Do NOT assume anything until you get your score Smile. My questions were so vague that I couldn't remember even a single question properly once I was out of the exam center.

Many vague/long Psychi questions, few step 1 questions, difficult (to me) ethics questions and easy biostate questions like NNT, specificity calculations etcs.

Had 5 to 6 media questions. One was of child development and all other were of heart murmurs. I worked in a tertiary cardiac care unit for almost 5 years and my cardiology was like almost perfect. So I did not even read the questions and just listened to the media murmurs and got the answers.

Snapshot:

UW: one time only with average 69.
Kaplan new Qbank: 1000 questions with average 67.
NBME 2: 660
NBME 3: 570
step 1: 95/228
CS: passed at first attempt.
step 2 CK: 99/256.

My biggest thanks to GUEST78, who gave me lot of confidence and believe that I can do well. Guest78 I thank you very much. SAMMY for posting very challenging questions. VANCO for posting clinically relevant, basic and more step 2 CK like questions.

Many thanks to showman & Kaps, woodywoodpacker, drkhmer, stefan78 and all the forum members. This forum has played the big role in my score.

My special sorry to showman for not posting exam questions because I could not remember my exam questions. I am 100% honest here, swear to god. Plus I was also staying away from the forum since Mumbai terror attack. I was amused how mature physicians were fighting like cats. God bring peace to the world.

Any questions are most welcomed.
Lots of congrates Jaya..you did it man
Really Glad for you...All the best for you future endeavours and do stay in touch with the forum.
Its my Pleasure Jayasurya. Congrtasssss.

I am really very happy for u buddy !!! Deserved people shud always get what they r upto. I knew it,and I had full faith in u that u will make that mark. God bless u,keep sharing the wonderful spirit and knowledge u have.

Btw,we started talking in a bitter note for the first time on this forum,remeber? lol
add me as jhimli08 ,its yahoo messenger.

Congrats again. Smile
many congratulations!!
Congrats----- Great score
congratulation n goodluck for future

we knew it all along that u will get nothing less than 99
hey nice score..you rock!
no apologies needed!better not to post vague exam exp !that was the message!
congrats!
mandrlval
kindly add me!

congratulate jayasurya
wonderful score
thanx for yr cong on me
AMAZING SCORE!!! Congrats
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »