Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed usmle3 !!! - deanjohn
passed, score 88. UW average 61, NBME 410
thanks to all forum members ---- your suggestions, experiences have really helped me. Its time for payback -- if i can be of any help please dont hesitate to e-mail me as i may not check the forum as often as i was before. my e-mail deanjohn
congrats..dr!!!!!!!!

so usmle is over for u

can u pls tell us whether ques were similar to uw or kaplan q bank?

what r the most imp topics for this exam?

can u please share ur ccs cases?

will be very thankful to u...

once again congrats dr!
Qs are not really similar to UW, uw's qs are too complex and not addressing simple topics ------there were a lot of common topics ....... lot of questions on headaches, contraception, vaccinations, qs on PID, vaginal discharge, neonatal disorders etc --- lot were simple but confusing. Swansons is a good one to follow, most qs are at family practice level
sorry posted wrong e-mail,,,

my e-mail id is deanjohn91
what all books and ques banks did u study before giving this exam !

sorry to bother u...but ur advice will be really helpful!
Congrats .

so exam was close only to swanson? not like UW and kaplan q bank? did u do MKSAP or anyother source too? And how about CCS? were they tough and unknown? something else than UW ccs? Please share with us.

Thanks.
thanks stefan and guest78.

I received 20 e-mails. I think its a better idea to post here than e-mailing everyone ...lol Smile

Step3 is an exam about very common office problems. There were very few Qs on rare problems on my test. For preperation, I tried a very different method of doing several MCQs. I did UW, Kaplan qbanks as well as NMS Step3. I studied all the material under the questions. UW is popular but i cannot recall even 10 Qs from that q bank coming on the exam. Kaplan is a much better source for common issues and Qs. If you have time, ccsworkshop.com Step3 reviews are very good and up to the point. This review notes addresses lot of common clinical problems that I dint find in many books and some of them were on my exam. I studied Kaplan Step2 for Psych, OBGyn and Peds. Crush step3 is a great last minute review book and I liked it T

These are my CCS Cses

1. Anaphylaxis
2. AAA rupture with back pain
3. Alzheimers dementia
4. Old lady UTI/ Sepsis
5. peptic ulcer from nsaids
6. Acute MI
7. DKA
8.Woman with multiple sex partners, HIV +ve first work up
9. Polymyalgia rheumatica

Best , Dean
congrats, thanks for the cases
hey congrats!!!!!!!
u took ccsworkshop for mcq's as well?
did u read all of swansons?
thanks.
how many days b4 the exam did u take nbme?
thanks brother .... i am attending ccsworkshop tomorrow. If its good, thinking of rapid review too. did you take thw entire rapid review?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »