Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious help needed !!! - residencyforsure
I have failed step 3 inspite of 4 months of exhaustive study.I did PR notes three times and UW 2 times (scored 49 on first attempt).Now not able to recollect myself and start study again.

Kindly help how should i go about from here.I am feeling as if i will not be able to clear this exam.

I have been helping people a lot and really think and feel God will send someone who will have some good advise reagrding how to go about from here.

Its really imporatnt for me to pass step 3 and apply again next year with good externships as I have low scores on other steps.

Please God guide me !!!! I know you are somewhere and listening to me !!!!
Very sorry residencyfor sure.

May God bless u with all the strength u need to come back . And I am sure u will fight back and clear it with good marks this time. Many people did it before,so u just need to rearrange yourself after a break. My opinion is u shud take some break now and by this time ponder what the fault was,where was the deficiency. U were in forum helping others I have seen many times,so I can pray that u get paid back for this. Keep faith in urself and be here with all the members. We all face failures sometime in life,so try to ease ur grief and come back with better energy.

Now pls think of the brighter future and let us know if u need any more support.

Good luck.
Thanks guest78

Kindly help me with theory as i have done good in CCS.so will keep CCS for the end.I did enough questions,did PR 3 times and read it well,then i did UW twice.Did questions from KAP q book.

I am wrong in theory !!!!!
when did u write CK?
Dear residencyforsure; You will be fine man. many of my friends (IMG) those have failed step 3 many times are doing anesthesiology, radiology, cardio and other specialties. This is not the end of the game "YEH THE END NAHEIN HAY MERAY DOST, PICTURE ABHI BAAQI HAI" (STOLEN FROM OM SHANITI OM, BUT IT WORKS VERY WELL).

take a deep breath and start again and INSHALLAH you will be fine.
we are with you
I am sorry to hear this
My advice is don't take a long break bcoz u will forget what u have learned,so now look in result which of ur subjects were weak?keep doing parts in which u score good also ,and give attention to weaker section also! And then give ur best again

i wrote step 3 in 2007 sept
pardon thats step 2 and not step 3
hi this isn't end of the world. second you have to be beat yourself first.Set your mind don't be afraid from this exam.Trust yourself (if anyone has passed step 1,2 they will pass 3 too).Now something was really wrong with your first attempt. I mean it you need to change your study method or totally materials.i don't know what is in back of your score report just assume not so much stuff in there imean **** 's.Now how i can help you
1 i will ask did you listen premiere review audio's or just read what is in paper work
2.You must change whole your books
3.do questions specially Mksap 14 .What it will do will open your mind.
Lastly leave your email andi will contact you.
Mainly don't go down on yourself i have help so many people and they all passed this exam.You will pass too.
wow u worried me, bc i am averaging uw world around 49 to 50 as well..
i am reading PR notes too. i think their notes are prob the best for step 3. did u take the live class or just the notes? I think the materials you did is find, and the questions are good too. but you should have passed.

how was the ccs for you, on score report? It should be all the way to the right,, as i was told, if the mcq part was weaker.

also did u have a bad test day,(which can happedn). did u panic, not get enough sleep, have unanwered questions? did u do the NBME , even though it is does not correlate at all.

i personally dont think you should change materials in my opinion. i would do the same materials, again, bc you are used to them. learning something new is too hard. and just try to do the audio or live lectures and i think not take too long for exam.. bc the longer you study for this exam the more people forget.. it has to be quicker time. bc the questions they ask arent only on theory, they are ehtics, etc.. you just have to be good on time.. make a sched and go on time fast. that is what im doing, or trying to do. esp the last week of exam, do 10 or more hours a day, of high yield.. and maybe also take ccs course from dr. red,,

good luck to us both..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »