Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please Try this Q - rocky.ky
24. A 56-year-old Native American man returns to the office to discuss results of studies obtained during a previous visit 8 weeks ago. The patient has a 19-year history of diabetes mellitus treated with sulfonylurea. He checks his serum glucose concentration approximately once daily. He does not smoke cigarettes and rarely drinks alcoholic beverages. He is 183 cm (6 ft) tall and weighs 76 kg (168 lb); BMI is 23 kg/m2. Vital signs during the previous visit were temperature 36.9°C (98.4°F), pulse 82/min, and blood pressure 130/85 mm Hg. Physical examination of the neck disclosed a right-sided carotid bruit. Examination of the extremities disclosed diminished pulses with associated hair loss over both legs. Hemoglobin A1c was 7.2%. Urine albumin-creatine ratio was 62 mg/g/24 h (N

Ankle-brachial index (ABI) was 0.89 on the left and 0.98 on the right; duplex carotid ultrasonography showed nonulcerated plaque with 70% stenosis in the right internal carotid artery. The patient was referred to an ophthalmologist, who diagnosed him with nonproliferative background diabetic retinopathy. Which of the following findings in this patient is of most concern?
A) 70% stenosis of the right carotid artery
B) Hemoglobin A1c of 7.2%
C) Left ABI of 0.89
D) Nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy
E) Urine albumin-creatine ratio of 62 mg/g/24 h
32. A 25-year-old Latino man comes to the health center for a periodic health evaluation. He tells you that he has attended a day-treatment program for his schizophrenia, paranoid type, since his discharge from the hospital 1 year ago. The patient's most recent psychiatrist is moving away and he now wants you to refill his medications. He takes haloperidol, benztropine and valproic acid. He says, "The voices aren't telling me to harm myself anymore. And I know now that my food is not poisoned." The patient is 183 cm (6 ft) tall and weighs 86 kg (190 lb). Vital signs are: temperature 37.0°C (98.6°F), pulse 72/min, respirations 14/min and blood pressure 130/86 mm Hg. Physical examination is significant for darting and protruding movements of the tongue and some facial grimacing. Which of the following is the most appropriate change in pharmacotherapy?

A) Prescribe vitamin A
B) Increase the dose of benztropine
C) Increase the dose of haloperidol
D) Replace haloperidol with risperidone
E) Replace valproic acid with lithium
BBBBBBBBB
A(?b) and D
Answer Q32 is DDDDDDDDDDD
Answer Q24 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE
A and D
wats the normal urine alb/creat ratio given in qs 1?pls dont use the less than sign.

qs2 is DDD.
as per NMBE
answer of 24 is C

answer of 32 is B

I am not sure that is why I need genius helping me
C sounds good,B I wud look for. dear rocky,pls label the qs as NBME if its from there.
Dear guest, why not A for the first one?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »