Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
answers for nbme 4 - superpsycho
regarding pt off the paroxetine which is associated with withdrawal symptoms like shooting pain ,tremor and other withdrawal symptoms-----management is RESUME paroxetime
i got the alprazolam wrong
another query:
form 4 section 1 q 17:

17. A 16-year-old boy is brought to the physician because of a 3-day history of right knee pain associated with redness and swelling. There is no history of trauma.he is at the
50th percentile for height and weight. His temperature is 38.6°C (101.5°F). Examination shows ery thema. swelling, and tenderness of the right knee ,and range of motion is limited.
select the most appropriate next step in management:

o A) Radionuclide bone scan
O B) MRI of the affected knee
O C) Antibiotic therapy
O D) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug therapy
o E) Knee immobilization
O F) Joint aspiration

fever ,local tenderness and swelling point to infectious etiology.my doubt is ,c)antibiotics or f)joint aspiration?
18. A 13-year-old boy is brought to the physician because of a 3-month history of left knee pain that is exacerbated by vigorous exercise.he also had occasional pains in his right knee. There is no history of trauma. He is at the 50th percentile for height and weight. His temperature is 37°C (98.6°F). Examination shows mild tenderness of the left tibial tubercle; range of motion of the knee is full.
select the most appropriate next step in management:

o A) Radionuclide bone scan
O B) MRI of the affected knee
O C) Antibiotic therapy
O D) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug therapy
o E) Knee immobilization
O F) Joint aspiration

dignosis is osgood schlatter's disease.doubt its answer is D)NSAID or E)knee immobilization?
treatment of this disease is "RICE". This stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.knee immobilization-rest?
thanks

mhrazu
Joint aspiration first than antibiotics
rest so knee immobilizatio if rest doesnt work than nsaids
hi
hey pyschoroxy or sasha, can yoy please send me nmbme 4 as well
dgmehra
thanx
does any7one have answers for nbme 4, can you please send them to dancinola

Thank you so much, greatly appreciate it!!! Big Grin

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »