Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPH and residency - swtgrl21
I am thinking of doing MPH if I do not match this year. I was looking into online MPH programs and most of them do not require GRE. But the MPH degree from UIC, Northwestern, UOC ( I am from Chicago )..requires GRE. What is the difference in online and campus based programs. Will doing MPH help improve my resume for residency in the future? Anyone has knowledge abt this degree. What is combined MD/MPH degree?
I have a same problem. would you please tell me what I supposed to do to have stronger CV? Can we apply for PHD and what's the difference between MPH &PHD
mph- generally of 18 months, may vary with the credits at a particular program.
Phd- gene...for 4 yr to 8 yrs,,will take a lot of time n dedication to do really good phd project... so depends on ur interest level..

i still think phd will look better on cv and also it will increse chances for ur UNIVERISTY progm and thereafter fellowship too.

GL
I guess online wouldnt help much I met two ppl doing Online courses but with NO ivs in last match even if tehy wer certified.

I guess doing MPH will help if you have visa issues or monetry issues or you have long way to go with your usmle journey ie still to take your exams. or else getting clnical experience is best you cna start now and be best candidate in september if you are already doen with exams.

PHD(post doctoral) is done afetr MPH (masters)
Is is always better to search and perform USCE for 6 to 9 months rather than wasting 2 years for MPH. MPH is only an option when you have visa problem where you can stay in the united states on F1 for couple of years.
Pyrimidine is right
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »