Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't believe I passed - hss13
Hello,
I have been regularly reading from this forum and getting input from everone, and would first like to thank everyone who particapted in this forum for their advise, it was very helpful for me, so thank you. I just got my score today, I can't believe I got an 87/215. I am an IMG and i spent 5 months studying for this exam. The only books I used were Kaplan notes. I started studying for this exam right after my step 1 , which I passed on the 3rd attempt with an 84% I definately recommend taking step 2 CK after step 1 b/c there were some step 1 questions on the step 2 CK exam. I found studying for step 2 easier compared to step 1 and also the exam itself. I also did question from Kaplan and USLMEworld. Score correlations:
Kalpan QBank= 65%
USMLEworld= 59%
Kaplan CD= 69%
NBME= 450
Actual score= 87/215
step 1 = 84%

I thought USMLEworld was the closes to the real exam, and I am glad I took it, definately worth it. My advise to everyone is to practice doing questions over and over. I thought Kaplan notes were more than enough. I hope this is helpful, and I wish everone good luck on their exam.
Congrats! hss13!!!

Did you read kaplan notes along with the videos? I heard it is better to watch the videos especially the OBGYN while you read the notes. Did you read any other materials like Blueprint? How many revision did you do? Thanks.
bookbug
call me

ishtyaq
whem did you take you exam and how long have you been waiting for the results?
Please respond
drsahib, I called you but it did not get through. Please call me at bookbug2006 if you would like to.
drsahib ki hal ha You seem to me very well prepared. Please answer my this problem.
"can you help me I had done with Kaplan CD when I started my studies and it was something like 48 % (before any study as a pretest) know what should I do to asecces myself with that CD? Should I reset all blocks again and do it again to get my score again?"
Yes I also saw the videos, was really helpfully, GYN notes were given wonderfully by the video, actually the entire videos were helful. I only read the Kaplan notes, nothing else. I went over the the notes once with the videos and a second time without the videos. However before I started videos I read over the Internal Medicine notes, so in essence I did the Int Med 3 times and the rest twice. I took the exam Jan 24 and got my scores on Feb 19.
Congrats Hss13!

What was ur kaplan diagnostic score when u just started Kaplan step 2? Thx.
congrats for the grt job!!!
when i first started kaplan, my diagnostic score was around 25-30%, yeah I know pretty bad. But I studied and focused really had for 5 months and passed, actually 4 months of studying and one month of pure practice question like Kaplan and USMLE world.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »