Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
twin pregnancy and residency - pompe
Anyone knows someone who has benn pregnant with twin and starting residency?

Any advise please.
yes hi i had to friend who did im residency pgy1 and was preg
she work up to 8 mnts i think then took time off, her legs were swolen due to standing alot.
good luck, i am sure u can do it, mayb u just will finish your work later than everyoen else.
oh pregant with twins too i mean.
Yes. I found out yesterday and I'm so confused and don't know what to do now. I want to call the program now since I prematch, but my husband tells me dont.

any advise
thank you so much alleb.

anymore advise please
First, congratulations! That's so great. It is a gift from God, even though you may not see it that way right now....but you will....

Well, I am assuming it's gonna be tough for you, that's for sure, but I am sure you can find strength to go through it. Anyone who goes through medical school, USMLEs, interviews, match/prematch is pretty much ready for a lot of things. Smile)) I wouldn't notify your program just yet. You don't want to be portrayed as complaining or thinking you can't do it before you even started doing residency. Just gather your strength and positivity, you should be fine. You can tell them later on....

Good luck
Dearie, pregnancy is physiological and no one will dare discriminate against you based on that. Just show that you are willing to work and you will be fine. And you really dont need to tell the PD,he will find out anyway. Congrats
hiya! congrats!! i wish you the best for your upcoming journey..
as far as notifying your program is concerned, IMO, if you just show up on July 1st pregnant, this may irk them a little bit. Remember you have to work wth them for three years, you don't want them to have any reason to distrust you. Let thme know once you have signed the contract and assure them that your pregnancy will in no way intefere with how you perform as a resident (aside from u taking maternity leave, which should be no issue). They will understand. it is illegal to discriminate based on pregnancy and your position in their program will not be affected if you tell them. It just boils down to them appreciating your upfront telling them and not surprising them.
Good luck!
Congratulation for both,your children and pre-match.
Have been in that situation on my 5th year of the medical school.gave the neuro exam 3 days before my child was born and did all rotations without skiping even one.I'm telling you is very taugh but not impossible.Some more work for your husband but not impossible for him too.Take kare of yourself your bebes and your job.Stay strong and you will succede.
GL
I agree, I heard about several residents who gave birth during residency in my interviews and as far as I know, those cases all had happy endings and programs were very accommodating. So be prepared but not worried at all, you're not the first one.

As for telling the program director, I see no harm in doing so. If I were you, I would let the PD know about the situation and would also mention that I am determined to take care of all my responsibilities and remain active till very late in my pregnancy. But giving them a heads up may help them plan ahead of time. I'm not sure if it's the best way to go, that's just my opinion.

Good luck and congratulations..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »