Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
those preparing for scramble - nautilus
Hello all

i know this is a very double edged situation..we dont want to go for scrable..just match. Yes we can ..but the catch is we should be preparing ourselves for scramble also.

I was getting on to the forum from almost 2 weeks after a long time to read more about scramble and I see all these assumption if we matched or not...yeah I did try to look and see mine also though I don't believe it, strongly . But yes..I am human and I do stress myself a lot and I do get attracted to such things..which infact made me come to forum almost everyday..and read more only to be freaked out or have sleepless night again..and some times couple smiles and some time optimism from nice posts.

So now the point is I decided in preparing my documents this week including getting reference for any latest work done since the time of ERAS application..I might be late ..but that is what I chose to do...' believe that I match 100%..but prepare for scramble 100% this week.'

I came across this article on red flags of LOR's..which I thought might be helpful for some like me who still need to get references in this week yet.

Read it..prepare for worst but keep praying in your heart every single moment. I will have you all in my prayers for the best.

http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(...5/fulltext

In this process I might need some help now and am ready to do the same for anyone...I need some ideas on developing pediatric PS and some sample LOR's...any advices appreciated...

Hi friends.. I just collected some material from couple of threads on this forum...and wanted to share.. with you all. Good luck to each one of us.

· Cover Letter for Email

Dear PD,
I m dr.xyz..Permanant resident...Step1 step2ck score passed all steps first attempt
ECFMG certified..I am very much interested in yr resi. program..XYZ are my strength,
and i can assure you I will be a very good candidate for yr program, looking 4ward to IV with you..Thanks..Dr.xyz

· no prob in sending the emails...

I just put a small CV with scores,
and a letter, which I waived my right to see...so I have it with me..
email should be of 3-4 lines, the way you wrote is nice enough,
make sure to include ur AAMC ID,
u have GC, so better chances for match and
I hope we do not need it, but if we do..then also with GC u have better stand for scramble too !!

GL and GB to all of us!
· ok, Now Today is the day for scramble preparation day for me..If i don't match I have to keep my plan B ready..I just made a pdf file for my documents..Documents I used for the file are
CV
PS
STEP1 ,2, CS score report
ECFMG certificate
3 LOR
MSPE
Transcript from med. school
The file is now 10 Mb.
what document I shd. remove to reduce size of file..Transcript has 6 pages and MSPE 4 pages
Is it necessary to keep both of them in PDF?
I have already written my scores in my CV, do I need to attach all score report or only ECFMG certificate is enough?
Is there anyway to reduce the size of file keeping all documents as it is?
· Thank GOD ,ultimately I am able to make less than 1Mb file for documents...
· it doesn't matter if u make pdf or doc file as long as u make it small enough to go into email.
Ultimately it is yr certificate that they see.
· when u save yr scan file,it gives u options to pick diff. file formats
Make sure that yr documents scan has no mistakes,as the scanning software may be using
a program to read yr document and then write it and it can make mistakes..PdF is a better option than doc file.
· There is no harm in trying !!
There is harm in not trying..everyone would and should try, who does not match.

Let us pray, we do not need to...

I took help of 5 non medical friends,
I taught them what to do...

I applied thourgh ERAS,
I called the programs,
and friends, emailed to programs: emails were ready written just to be sent
and they send to all the unfilled programs...

Last yr, I was in India..had friends..
this yr, I m in USA...no friends,
but now can do it alone....
and pray not need to do it...
· We all are waiting for match results and some of us will get spots.If I get a spot I'll frankly tell it's not only because of my effort but all also numerous other people.There are lot of unknown people who help us to get our goal, like other fellow forum members.
I just thinking of redoing all those help to my fellow friends if I got matched. First think what I feel to tell all the possible ways of getting information about how to get in to a spot. For eg, to get IVs, I met a gal during an interview she told that what did, she wrote letters to PC by putting her credential as heading,
Like how to find out past students and friends from your medical school,your community and your country as those people may help in numerous ways get a spot.As they could assist in finding an observership/externship position, LOR,IVs, preparing mock IVs and other stuff.
Wait I'll give all those details soon.
Few words about scramble,
Prepare all the documents,CV,LOR,Scores,fax machines,at least one person to help you.
log in to NRMP as soon as possible, some times it's very hard to log in , so once u log in print out all the unfilled position.
First call the program then send the relevant documents via fax or ERAS depends on their request. Don't just send randomly via ERAS. Don't waste ur time advance programs if you don't matched to a prelim.
· As I am preparing for scramble mentally and last year saw how crazy this process gets, phone lines are busy, PCs don't respond, mailboxes full with automated messages, and it's so hard to get through to a physical person. Eventually, me and my partner just kept faxing from Kinkos. No time to call and felt like I was wasting time and rather should be faxing. Of course, if there is an opening in a program where one interviewed or one local program with an opening, chances of getting in touch with someone are much higher. So, Raj do you feel applying to 30 old +15 new through ERAS is not enough. Someone mentioned making PDF file to e-mail docs. Does anyone have successful experience with that. Anyone in this forum who succeeded thru Scramble, please guide.
· What you have said about scramble day is 100% correct and I agree with you. I know personally one person who matched during scramble period but it was not recently about 10 years back. Even then she had some one to get that spot so it's virtually difficult task unless if we interviewed there and If have some one's prive TP number.As you said within hours those PC's mail box will be full. But it was able to me talked to few I think 2 or 3 PDs during last year scramble.
Regarding 30+15, what I ment say that, if you finished those 30+15 programs, some times usually second day there will be some unfilled position but they will say they will accept application only via ERAS so in that time we can't do anything even if we talked to PD. So use those 30+15 carefully.
I would agree to having a PDF file of those documents, because some programs pretty flexible in those aspect like they accept email,fax or ERAS in that case email is much easy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »