Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More questions about scramble!! - espiritu2009
- does anyone know an IMG that has matched through scramble?
- about how many positions go each year to scramble?
- should someone with more than 10 IVs really prepare for scramble? Ok, forget about this last one, I think the answer is Yes...
do u really anxious about matching espiritu2009 ??i think from older posts u have good no. of programs??do u live in heouston???
Well, I did have a good number of Ivs but I honestly didnt do a good job of communicating afterwards so am worried. I sent my thank you letters (actually, email) about 3 weeks after each iv, didn't send xmas or new years cards....no, i'm in home country right now..
Yes I know someone who successfully scrambled last year. How many positions exactly I don't know. I do know that in Psych 95% of the positions were filled last year. I have attended 7 interviews and I'm preparing for the scramble.

Espiritu2009, you sent your thank you letters 3 weeks after each IV..what made you say you didn't do a good job at post interview communication? I sent most of my thank you letters more than a month after my IVs. Did not send holiday cards or anything. The important thing for me was timing, and one of the PDs appreciated that I sent my letters at the right time (meaning they've wrapped up their interviews or preparing their ROL). For what it's worth I think you did a decent job, you expressed your continued interest in the program..better than not sending thank you letters at all.
espiritu2009...from your replies,i thought i know you....thre person i mean live in houston with his family
Thanks for an encouraging message, xthine. It sure makes me feel better (though i'll feel 100% once I see a YOU HAVE MATCHED! email). Good to know scramble actually works for some IMGs...ok, fine, I will start preparing (argh!!). Thank you and I wish you the best for residency!
espiritu2009...from your replies,i thought i know you....thre person i mean live in houston with his family
hi godhelpplease...must have me confused with someone else...i did IV at several programs in Houston but not living there (yet!)...
if u remember your post about B... program...u reach witnhh hopetomatch that this program has only 2 position,i know one of my freinds interviewed there and has the same story....may be it is only one position
yeah, i remember the thread. well, good thing i'm not depending only on that program then..Smile Is that your top choice??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »