Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA letter without SSN? - pedsres08
Has anyone been able to get a California letter(PTAL) without having an SSN?
Is this possible now?
If so, how?
Any info is greatly appreciated..
anyone?
NO. you cannot get the actual PTAL. However if u submite evryting else, including fees, u will get a letter saying "u meet all requirements for PTAL and will be issued one once u have an SSN" . They even give a letter to be taken to SSN office, BUT the pity is that SSN office does not issue SSN based on this...
so bottomline -- NO PTAL without SSN.
thanks..
Would the letter saying "u meet all requirements for PTAL and will be issued one once u have an SSN" be of any benefit to get interviews with programs? Anyone who tried this?
If anyone has some info or experience, please respond.
ashoopar are you sure of what you said, i have been trying hard for calif letter i have everythng ready except ssn i will be getting my ssn in august can i apply right now and start processing for letter instead of waiting until august so that once i get ssn i can get letter quickly.

THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTION FORM ON PAGE 6 CLEARLY SAYS " IF YOU FAIL TO DISCLOSE YOUR SSN YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED AND YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO THE FRANCHISE TAX BOARD, WHICH MAY ASSES A 100$ PENALTY AGAINST YOU"

pedsres and amar leave your email looks like you are also trying to get PTAL i will mail you lets help out each other.

ALL THE KIND PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM PLEASE HELP US TO CLARIFY ON THIS TOPIC.
Can we contact Calif med board and ask this question if yes what is the email address or phone number to contact

If you do not have SSN, CA medical board indeed is going to give you a letter to bring to SS office to clarify that you are not eligible for SSN. As far as I remember this letter stating that you will not be eligible to have PTAL issued unless you provide SSN. SSN office used to issue SSN based on this letter but not anymore after the 9/11. However, some SSN offices are willing to issue a statement regarding your eligibility for you to be sent to CA medical board. After that, I don't know the rest of the process or outcome.
maheshraj84,
I already have CA letter, I was asking on behalf of a close friend who does not have SSN.
I was under the impression that one cant get PTAL without SSN, but maybe there is a way like ashoopar & sona81 are saying. I feel its best to contact the CA med board directly & ask them about this. From personal experience I know its very difficult to clarify anything on the phone with them, and there is no email listed on their website.
I guess you could post them your query. I also know someone who actually went to the CA med board in Sacramento to ask about their CA letter..But I feel you have to know the boards position on this before sending your application with a $500 fee which might not be refunded if your application is rejected because of lack of SSN.
Hope this helps..
Hey pedres08 thanks for the reply i live in CA so as you said will try to go their office and find out
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »