Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am finished - beti
hi
i am mom of 2 young children 5 and 2years. my husband stayed outside because of his job . now with lots of hope i took step3 to overcome my gaps between pass out and till now. but i got 184/73 and fail.
1. do you think that recheck of score is a good idea to pass.?
2.my ccs score is good but i had very bad parformance in patient age?
3. do you think if i will take a disicion that i will take step 3 after getting residency,will it be taken very nagetively for my residency application
sorry to hear that.
WHY YOU DON'T TRY IT AGAIN? you are near the edge...not too far!
sorry to know dat..
i think zkadhem is rite.... u r not too far...its better to retake it before applying for residency...
Good luck!
its very vague and long exam i cannot think that i can pass
Just one more inch to go ... you will succeed. Take your step 3 after good preparation. That will definitely make your CV and application better for 2010 match.
thanx . if i apply without pass step3 how much it will affect
beti youre not alone..i did fail by 1 point 186..im now regrouping myself..this is the first time i failed a big time test..but im going for residency this coming june 12...

i plan to take it asap..

can somebody help me w/ my resources..

i did use PR 3 times i read&listen to it..uw MCQs&ccs cases..

based on my result im okay w/ my CCS but not on MCQs..especially ethics&health maintenance., neonatal/preschooler, adolescent, neoplasn&blood, resp, musculoskeletal,female reproductive., and ethical&legalOoffice/health center and continuing care

Do you think using crush step 3& master the boards by fisher will help me or use the same PR notes&UW MCQs&CCS?

Hi Beti,
really sorry to hear that,
but this is not the time to loose hope.
Step 3 is all about self confidence, u r done with all study, so try again with more prep.
Focus more on weak topics
Give NBME 1 mnth before exam & then focus more on weak area in NBME + work hard on CCS (part that is easy to conquer)

I Agree with every1 ---> u r almost there, don't loose hope
Wishng u gooD Luck.
CV wont look good after a missed attempt in step 3. So try to finish it before August. You have 4 mths in hand.
beti
sorry to hear that.
these ppl are right. you should attempt it in the next few months. you already know how volatile the subject is. someday, sometime you have to take it, there's no other way. if you take a break now, it will get harder. better to prepare once again when the subject is fresh in your mind. and don't worry, you are not too far. a little fine tuning and good wishes will help you close that small gap. all the best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »