Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
99/260 !!!!!!!!!!! - irba
Just got my score on Oasis: 99/260!!!!!!!
I am high in the sky!

My experience:
started December with Kaplan Q-bank 3 months, got 63% correct in self-paced mode.
next did UW Q-bank 3 months with 76% correct in self-paced
took UW self-assesm. test and was surprised: 670 = predicted score around 252 (Step 2),
but did not beleive this score and continued studies and reviews.

Did online form 3 and got only 470 (210 Step 2) - was in shock!
online form 2 within 1 month - around 540 (227 Step 2)
then in a few weeks did form 4 - got 700 (256 Step 2)

Study materials: Kaplan notes, UW , some notes i found here on forum were a bit usefull, but with many mistakes.

My impression: I wasted my time on Kaplan Q-bank and felt like i did not learn enough. When i did UW i got all "gaps filled up". I did not listen any lectures ( i did not have any).
EKG was very easy for me and Kaplan+ UW is more then enough for exam.
I learned heart murmurs online : just Google it and you can find may audio/video.
I had many Q on cardio in exam and was glad to be prepared for it.

That's about it! Hard work and patience, GL to everyone!
congrats irba
congrats
Congratulation !!
Could you please tell me about time Management ? Exam Qs are like UW or NBME style?
thanks
Great score .......... Congratulations
congrats.... gr8 score 2 hear on doctors day.... happy doctors day...
congrats Irba.
congrats..and thanks for ur update..my exam in a month...preapring dince long with a gap of 1-2 months in between...so plz advise regarding last month prep..
Thanks!!!

Exam Q were long, but not hard. Not close to UW but maybe closer to from 2. Time management: practice with UW Q bank in timed mode and most important take online form NBME - honest assesment and gives you idea of timing.
Start each block of your test with the last Q, which may contain Media/Audio. Someone gave this advice before and it really helped me to releive enxiety and save time. Not every block has Media. Then do Q in any order you want to.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dream2liv : I would do online assesment (form 3 is too hard), maybe do form 2 or 4. Form 1 maybe to easy, i did not do it.
when you get NBME score look for your weakness and review that subject. I started reviewing Kaplan Internal medicine 2 weeks before exam, next priority was Pediatrics, then OBGYN, then Surgery with Psychiatry. If you took Step 1 already then Psychiatry should not be too hard, just pay attention for treatments and Ethics.

congrats irba
on such a amazing score , well sure ur hard work is reflected in your score ..
well i have a couple of q
1. wht was the main factor which helped you to get a 99 /260 in the exam
2.how did u manage time in your exam
3.was step 1 q repeated in the exam
4.in the last 10 days what was your strategy
5. did u read secrets/first aid for ck

well it is long list of q :-)
all the v best in your future endeavor
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »