Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regarding applying for matching and residency. - bhat15
hi,
my step 1 score is 91.. will take step 2 ck in sept last week and cs in oct 1st week.. can i apply for matching so late..? or should i fill the application with step 1 score y sept 1st itself..?b..please help.. thanks
Hi Bhat,

Honestly speaking, your chance of getting interviews with only Step 1 score is very low. I would recommend you to spend time to get good scores in other steps instead of spending time and money on application this year.

Match 2011 will be much better option for you.

All the best.
I am a little more optimistic. You have a great step1 score. If you get another great step2 scores. You might get some interviews with no CS results provided that you have outstanding LORs and a well put together application. As soon as the results of CS come out you update the programs that you passed. Remember, you only need 1 interview to match. Why not take a chance and save a full year.
USMLE-user-1 mentioned the cost but if you match even with few interviews think of how much you would have saved considering the expenses you incur just by living in this country.

I think that I am more hopeful that you can still make it this year.

Dr. Belibi
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »