Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
about driving license - immortalkhs
can i rent a car in the states with my home country driving license (which is also written in english) or no way?

thnx
it depends on how many iv u have. If u get more than 10 they let u drive with ur img license
does anyone know any IMG friendly renting car company? lool
about my credentials:

8 years driving in home country
some usa driving experience.
drive both manual and automatic
no usa driving license
age 25
got few tickets in home country.

anyone has an IMG friendly car rental companies list?
lol...now we r listing driving creds too
how to be eligible to drive in us Smile
yes man, we have to plan for how we r gonna travel there, we should plan from now.
i am not sure abt the home country license but i think if you have an international driver permit you may be allowed to rent. i hope belibi's book has some tips on img friendly rental car company..
goodlcuk
You can rent and drive with an internationa driving permit, which you can get from you country. call enterprise, budget, almo, hertz to see if they will take it. I know of friends who rented cars with IDP.

If you have time and patience then you can read and give writen test too get your drivers permit and with some practise get US licence, this is if you have visa for 6 months or else they won't take your test. Some states even want SSN now a days.
No. You cannot rental a car without SSN and a credit history here in US.
I just can not believe the number of stupid people in this forum. Why do you guys keep up on talking about things you have no idea about.

YES you can rent a car in the US with any drivers license that says drivers license in english anywhere in the document.

NO you do NOT need a driving permit.

All you need is a credit card.

I have been renting cars in the US since 1997 I NEVER had a US drivers license or a driving permit. If you are over 24 you are good to go... Just hand in your local drivers license.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »