Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Dr.Belbi n kind hearts - getrich
i m one leg on the grave with cs attempts.i just gave my 3rd try and hope will make it this time.Do u think giving step-3 will make my chances any better?my scores r 85/99.i don't need visa,have 5 LOR from us physicians,some clinical experience in the US.IS FM hard to get with possibly good step-3 score?.I am despiring to death!
i think u shud ask this question once u have ur CS results...but yeah if u pass ur cs this time, and have step 3 with an above average score, i think ur credentials shud be gud enuff, but there is no guarantee....i think u shud research individual programs, see their criteria for eligibility, most programs place quite a lot of importance on number of attempts on cs...but there are also lots of programs that do not look at number of attempts...apply intelligently to those programs only....

good luck!
agree with maddoc....u shud make sure to apply in programs who dont care about attempts. gl
thank you so much for the inputs.That is gonna take my leg off of the grave and keep my head up and keep dreaming.
dont get depressed.

Send us an email....

We would guide you about the best possible strategy

BW

Medhelp Team

We Hope and pray that you pass this time. The game is not over yet for you at all.

Over the years we have come across dozens of people who had scores much less than you but they got into programs just with their perseverance.

Our honest advice would be that you should not consider internal medicine as an option now.

The top 2 fields that we would recommend for you would be 1

1. Pathology

2. Psychiatry

Pathology guys would still consider your application because they dont have much patient interaction and so dont care much about CS attempts but for pathology you will have to build your resume by working in some top notched basic science research lab... get atleast a couple of publications , good LORs and learn the basic lab techniques.. You are done with your CS now and just waiting for your results so its not a time to sit back home and get worried or ask people about your chances. Its a time to ACT. Start your search for a research program right from the word go

You have decent profile and if you can spend 9-10 months in research till next match and get good publications, learn techniques, make contacts and get good LORs ..... you are all set for pathology

For psychiatry, they consider people who have a prior experience in psych

We would recommend that you should keep psychiatry as back up as you never know about the match as its unpredictable

What we would recommend is that you should do research in pathology and do part time externship or observership in psychiatry
so that you can make yourself strong candidate for both

Dont prove that you are a QUITTER

Greatness does not lie in never falling but always rising everytime you fall
agree with medhelp
agree ....BUT!! this yr is damn scary!!
i have yrs of research and publications and else as is well said here....NOTHING so far!!!!!i don no wht the hell is happening this yr! i still pray and believe that God will make a way!!! about link, not any link wud be a good option for fmgs!! why shud they jeopardize ther yrs of professional works for a fmg and at wht cost???? the only link i heard worked was true lovers&getting married with a strong link if u knw wht i mean!!!
i read on one of these on line dating services that the person had put his/her job like this:
job: PD of......residency program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????and had bragged in his/her profile the way was a powerful person in selecting the residents!!!!????!!
What you need badly is CS pass not so much step3 because your scores for step 1 and step2 are great.
If you are able to pass CS you will be fine for any specialty. CS attempts are not a big problem as I wrote in the international Medical graduate's Best Hope sold on amazon.

Dr. Belibi
Thank you all,that keeps my faith alive.
GL to all!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »